I eat breakfast at work everyday. Sometimes I buy the school breakfast and sometimes I bring in a yogurt or an oatmeal from home. At school I can get toast or cereal every single day. While I do like toast I'm not a cereal girl. They also have different entrees on different days.
Some of my favorite entrees are cinnamon roll, pancakes, and breakfast pizza. The funny thing about the breakfast pizza is that it is simply regular cheese pizza with sausage on it. I'm not really sure how that qualifies as breakfast pizza but I do enjoy it it whenever they are serving it.
For Brunch Week I wanted to make my own breakfast pizza. I knew I wanted to include eggs, sausage, and cheese but I wasn't sure where to go from there. When I told my husband I was putting a marinara sauce on it he told me to scrap that and just go for cheese straight on the crust. I thought that sounded ok so that's what I went with.
While I think eggs, sausage, and cheese alone would have made a good breakfast pizza I wanted to add in some vegetables. I added Roasted Red Peppers and some sauteed onions. Paired with Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Eggland's Best Eggs this pizza was not only good for breakfast but would be tasty any time of day.
I baked it all on a thin pizza crust but flatbread would be good as well. It came out crispy with the cheddar cheese melted onto the crust and the eggs, sausage, and veggies on the top. It not only looked good but it had a delicious flavor. This would be the perfect pizza for breakfast or brunch and I bet both kids and adults would like it!
- 1 refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 6 oz. Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Chorizo sausage
- ½ onion, chopped (I used Cal-Organic Farms)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs (I used Eggland's Best)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- ½ t. paprika
- ¼ c. roasted red peppers, chopped (I used Cento Fine Foods)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza crust on a pizza pan. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile crumble the chorizo in a large skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat or until it begins to brown. Add in the onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Beat the eggs, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Add to the same skillet you cooked the sausage in and scramble over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Put the scrambled eggs on top of the pizza crust with the cheese distributing them evenly over the crust. Crumble the sausage, onion, and garlic mixture on top of the eggs. Place the roasted red peppers on top of everything else.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into 8 slices.
More Brunch Recipes:
- Cold Brew with Hazelnut Simple Syrup from The Barbee Housewife.
- Strawberry Frosé from Love and Confections
- Everything Bagel Dip from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cauliflower Waffles from Caroline's Cooking.
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole from Karen's Kitchen Stories.
- Deviled Eggs with Capers, Cucumber and Red Onion from Family Around the Table
- Spicy Pimento Cheese Omelet from For the Love of Food
- Bacon and Cheese Twists from Big Bear's Wife
- Caramel Apple Dutch Baby from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Raspberry Skillet Pancake from Books n' Cooks
- Danish Twists with Cream Cheese Filling from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- French Toast Muffin Bites from Daily Dish Recipes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pineapple Spears from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.