Every party needs a signature cocktail and a holiday party needs one that really shines. Over the past few years I've made a variety of cocktails for our holiday parties including a cranberry margarita that everyone enjoyed, a blue sparkling star cocktail, and an apple pie champagne cocktail.
This year I wanted to make it easy on myself and make sangria as my signature cocktail. Of course I couldn't just make a plain old sangria so I set out looking for some fun ways to jazz it up. The first thing I wanted to do was use a bottle of white wine and a bottle of champagne because I thought a sparkling sangria would be great for the holidays.
After going through several combinations I took my inspiration from my favorite pie...an apple pear pie. I wanted to put those flavors into my sangria so I added sour apple vodka, pear vodka, and apple cider to the wine and champagne. Then I added apple and pear slices to the mixture.
The resulting sangria was awesome and it makes a stunning holiday cocktail. The apple and pear work well with the white wine and champagne. To add a little more flare you can certainly add in some cinnamon sticks as well to give it a spicy flavor. I put a few pieces of apples and pears in the glasses and then served it up at our holiday party. It was a huge hit!
- 1 (750mL) bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 1 c. Sour Apple Vodka
- 1 c. Pear Vodka
- 4 c. apple cider
- 3 c. lemon lime seltzer water
- 1 (750 mL) bottle dry champagne
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- In a large container combine the Pinot Grigio, sour apple vodka, pear vodka, and apple cider. Mix to combine.
- Cut the apple and pear into thin slices and add them to the mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve add the seltzer water and champagne. Serve with additional apple and pear slices.