Scones made with a delightful crumb that are filled with fresh strawberries and heavy cream then topped off with sparkling sanding sugar. Top with whipped cream for an extra decadent treat!
I’ve made several versions of scones over the years and I’ve learned a few things about them. One thing is that I hate a dry, super crumbly scone. It just isn’t my thing. I prefer a more tender and buttery crumb with my scone.
I also enjoy my scones with a warm beverage. I can do them with tea or with coffee but I like to have a hot beverage to wash them down. The last thing I like with scones is some type of cream. I know some prefer butter or jam but I like my cream. Fresh whipped cream or clotted cream is the best.
These scones came together on a whim the other day. I really wanted something that I could eat for breakfast that wasn’t toast or cereal but still had some carbs in it to get me through to lunch. That’s where these scones come in.
Mixing up these scones I had a feeling they were going to be good. The dough looked fluffy and the strawberries were all through the dough. I cut them into pieces and then lay them on the baking sheet.
I finished them off by sprinkling them with sanding sugar then popped them in the oven. They rose and smelled amazing. I took them out and tried to let them cool off but they just looked so good.
I mixed up a little whipped cream and grabbed myself a scone. Oh my gosh! These are seriously the best scones I’ve ever had. They were so tender and there were plenty of strawberries and it was perfect when dotted with a little whipped cream.
These are the perfect sweet for a tea party, brunch, or as a dessert with coffee or tea. They are also delicious served with a glass of champagne.
Recipe adapted from Delish 28 As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g
Recipe adapted from Delish 28
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Monday Berry Week Recipes
- Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blackberry Dumplings by Eat Move Make
- Blackberry Lemon Sweet Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Galette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert by Blogghetti
- Four Berry Jam by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris by The Redhead Baker
- Mixed Berry Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Strawberries and Cream Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Strawberry Pistachio Crisp by The Baking Fairy
- Very Berry Salsa by The Freshman Cook