I have a rather large bottle of sriracha in my refrigerator. I feel like we use it a lot because I love the heat of it, but it still seems to be almost full. I wanted to make a tofu dish using sriracha and finally went with a chicken stir fry recipe and just substituted in the tofu.
I don't know if I've ever had a stir fry with green beans in it but I enjoyed the crunch of them. It gave a nice texture difference to the rest of the vegetables. The sauce is similar to other stir fry sauces I've had in the past but the sriracha adds heat to it. I thought the end result was a beautiful range of colors if nothing else. It was almost too pretty to eat...almost. The sauce went well with the tofu and the vegetables and it was perfect over a mound of jasmine rice.
Tofu Sriracha Stir Fry (adapted from A Taste of Home Cooking)1 brick extra firm Tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
Marinade for tofu:
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. dry white wine
1 T. water
1 t. Sriracha
For the sauce:
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. Sriracha sauce
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. oyster sauce
For the stir fry:
1 c. green beans, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 c. mushrooms, sliced
1 c. green bell peppers, chopped
½ onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil
1 T. ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. black pepper
1. Place the cubed tofu in a plastic food storage bag. Add the marinade ingredients and toss to coat. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch, water, Sriracha, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
3. Drain the tofu from the marinade and press out any remaining liquid.
4. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add in the vegetables and stir fry for at least 5 minutes or until the beans and carrots are tender. Remove to a plate.
5. In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the tofu and stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until the tofu is browned on all sides.
6. Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir until thickened. Return the vegetables to the skillet and heat for 3 additional minutes. Serve over rice.
This post linked to:
Meatless Mondays, Mangia Mondays, Making You Crave Mondays
Wow! This recipe is great! I'm exactly looking for a healthy dish that I can cook for my breakfast on monday. I think this recipe is suited to me, because I really love tofu! I will definitely try this.
Easy Stir Fry
love to cook!
So good. Thanks for sharing
Like you, I'm always on the prowl for more tofu dishes! And I love, love, love sriracha! 🙂
The Home Cook
Glad you liked it! 🙂