As a food blogger, I'm constantly in the kitchen working on new recipes. That means I'm always making a big mess in the kitchen. I go through paper towels at a crazy rate because most of them are thin and it takes 2 and 3 towels to clean up a single mess. That isn't the case with Viva® Vantage Paper Towels. Viva® Vantage Paper Towels are made with a revolutionary V-Flex* Weave, which provides stretch that helps deliver great scrubbing power. So when I'm scrubbing with other paper towels and they rip apart and I have to use several of them, when I scrub the counter tops with Viva Vantage it only takes one paper towel because they stretch. They are also great for soaking up messes because of their sponge-like absorbency.
Now that I have Viva® Vantage Paper Towels to help me clean up all my messes, I can take more time to clean the other things in my kitchen. I have 6 tips to help you keep your kitchen sparkling clean! The best part is, most of these don't take much time and they will help keep your kitchen looking clean.
1. Wash the dishes after every meal. Don’t let them go all day and then try to wash them all at night. It’ll keep your kitchen looking cleaner and you’ll have less work to do in the kitchen at night.
2. Scrub the counters once a week. Wipe up any messes with Viva® Vantage Paper Towels, give them a spray with a good cleaner, and then use a paper towel to scrub and clean them. At our house we do it on Saturday mornings before we go out. It helps them from holding onto stains and it keeps our food prep areas cleaner.
3. When you spill on the stove top, floor, or cabinets immediately grab a Viva® Vantage Paper Towel and wipe it up. If you leave it for later chances are you’ll forget or it will have stained/hardened/be tough to get off.
4. Clean the refrigerator once a month. I'm not talking about the outside, I mean inside where you keep all of your food. This may seem excessive until you actually look in the refrigerator. We used to clean it once a year and it would take hours. Now we simply make a mix of hot water and gentle soap, take two Viva® Vantage Paper Towels (one wet and one dry) and wipe down each shelf. After wiping it down use another paper towel to dry it off and put the food back in. We only take the food off one shelf at a time which helps us get it back on the shelf where it belongs. After wiping down all the shelves we do the same thing with the bins.
5. Sweep the kitchen floor at least once a week (or more!) The amount of foot traffic that the kitchen gets means lots of dirt is brought into the kitchen, plus the amount of food that falls on the floor can be surprising.
6. Clean out the kitchen sink traps weekly. The food build up often causes it to start smelling. I usually dump any food particles into the garbage, run hot, soapy water through the traps and drains, and then squeeze half a lemon or lime in each drain and leave it for 30 minutes to help keep it smelling fresh.
That's it! 6 simple tips can help keep your kitchen looking sparkling clean with the help of Viva® Vantage Paper Towels. So go on and give them a try, compare them to your current paper towel, and see the Viva® Vantage difference.
Thank you for Viva Vantage and Walmart for sponsoring this post and helping me clean up my messes!