This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
As you all know I'm back to school and looking for easy weeknight meals. My definition of Easy Weeknight Meals are ones that I have most of the ingredients for in the house and that can be made in under 30 minutes. That means I often look for convenience foods that can help me make delicious homemade meals, full of flavor, but with less prep time. That's where Manwich comes in. Manwich is a heart sauce with a sweet and tangy taste that comes in three great varieties-Manwich Original, Manwich Bold, and Manwich Thick & Chunky.
Manwich is a great sauce that makes meals a messy-licious treat for both kids and adults. Did you know that each can of Manwich is free of articifical flavors and preservations ? I have no idea! There is no meat in Manwich cans so you can add it just about anything from pastas to sandwiches to tacos! To find Manwich products in a store near you, use the product locator on ConAgra Foods’ website here: http://bit.ly/VccDIV.
A few months ago I made a delicious quick and easy Manwich pasta that we really enjoyed so I wanted to try it in another of our go to weeknight meals. Mexican foods like tacos and burritos are easy to make and are always a favorite in our house. I thought that the rich and tasty wet burrito sauce would be amazing if made with Manwich sauce. Turns out I was right!
The burritos are stuffed with ground beef, cheese, vegetables, and refried beans. Then a red sauce is poured over top of it. I usually use canned tomato sauce but this time I switched it for Manwich Original sauce and it added a great tangy flavor to the sauce that tasted really great! Want to try a different recipe? You can check out Manwich Recipes
Wet Burritos made with Manwich (adapted from Blog Chef)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 c. green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and then minced
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (15 oz) can chili without beans
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Manwich original sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. White Mexican Melting cheese, shredded
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Add in the onions, garlic, cumin, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and bell peppers. Saute for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the jalapenos and refried beans. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili without beans, Manwich sauce, and enchilada sauce in a saucepan. Cook until heated through.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds to softened them. Spoon ½ cup of ground beef mixture in the center and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place on a platter. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When ready to eat place the burritos on a plate. Cover with the burrito sauce and sprinkle with white Mexican melting cheese. Top the burritos with lettuce and tomatoes.