It's Christmas week! EEEK! Can you believe it's here? I feel like we've spent weeks getting ready for it and now it's finally here. Of course, being at work last week I could totally tell. Why is it the closer we get to a holiday the harder it is for the students to sit and pay attention? I won't go into details but last week was ROUGH and this week promises to be even rougher. I'm looking forward to 10 days off to spent with family, friends, and just relaxing.
Since we are down to the wire Sunday Supper is sharing last minute holiday recipes! This is such a great idea since I currently have made close to 40 dozen cookies in the last 3 weeks and not a single cookie for myself. I'm all baked out but I know I need to have some sweets around the house for when people stop by the next few weeks.
While I love making cookies and they aren't too labor intensive, they do take time. I have to sit in the kitchen, watch the timer, take one tray out, put another one in, and fill the one that just came out. No big deal but 4 dozen cookies can easily take an hour of hands on time. So what do I turn to when I don't have much time? Fudge of course!
Fudge is an awesome choice for a last minute recipe because it takes just minutes to make. I know you have to refrigerate it for several hours but the hands on time is 10 minutes so its easy to make it, put it in the refrigerator, and then go on to other things. Over the past few weeks I've been making different types of fudge. I made a caramel coffee fudge, a caramel chocolate fudge, and a double chocolate fudge.
Today I went with a white chocolate fudge. My brother can't eat chocolate but white chocolate is okay for him so it's nice to be able to make a fudge that he can enjoy too. Today I'm sharing an easy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge but peppermint just screams Christmas to me.
This recipe has just a handful of ingredients but it is festive and fun. The fudge is a white chocolate fudge with a little bit of peppermint. It's then topped off with crushed peppermint and holiday sprinkles. It's pretty, it's fun, and it's delicious!
- 3 c. white chocolate
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- ¼ c. crushed peppermints
- red and green sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with foil.
- In a large saucepan combine white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and peppermint extract.
- Heat over medium low, stirring frequently, until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Add in the marshmallow cream and mix well until combined.
- Remove from heat and pour into the prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with peppermints and sprinkles. Gently press the sprinkles into the fudge so that they stick.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into 36 squares and serve.
Adapted from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.