As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Recently I’ve ventured into making homemade beauty products. At Christmas time I made some homemade bath bombs which were awesome. I had a little trouble with them holding their shape, but they worked well. Around Mother’s Day I made some homemade sugar scrubs to give to my mom and kept a few for myself. They smell amazing and worked well at smoothing rough skin.
My latest adventure has been making lip balm. I often buy lip balm and many of my friends are always using lip balm. I thought it would be fun to make different scents to share with my friends and family. The recipe for making lip balm is super easy. I bought all of my supplies on Amazon and anxiously awaited my package.
While waiting for it to arrive I went shopping for containers to put lip balm in. I found some at the dollar store. They were 8 containers for a dollar so that was a big score. The containers were actually made for sewing materials but they were the perfect size.
The lip balm only took about 5 minutes to make. I had several scents of essential oils and I used cinnamon oil and lemon oil in the lip balm. I went easy on the cinnamon because it’s very strong. The lemon isn’t as strong so I had to use more of it.
The end result was a lovely, lightly scented lip balm that spreads easily on the lips. I’ve given several of these to friends who are loving them and I have 2 in my purse to use throughout the day. This is a great gift to give to others or to keep for yourself.
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons shea butter
- Essential Oils (I used cinnamon and lemon)
- Place the beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium low heat until melted.
- Quickly divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Add several drops of essential oils to each and stir until desired scent is reached.
- Quickly pour into containers and allow to cool completely.
- Place lid on containers and store in a cool place.
Recipe from Little House Living