Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
Popcorn, popcorn everywhere! Last week my house looked like a popcorn factory. I had popcorn on the stove top, popcorn in the microwave, and popcorn sitting in bowls all over the kitchen and dining room. Why? Because on Christmas Eve I decided I wanted to make gourmet popcorn flavors for everyone in my family. I had seen a post on my friend Katie’s blog (Clarks Condensed) about gourmet popcorn and it’s been on my brain every since.
So for the next few months I’ll be sharing all of my delicious gourmet popcorn flavors. I ended up making 6 different flavors, 2 sweet and 4 savory. I gifted them to my family and everyone was really thrilled with the flavors they received.
The first flavor I’m sharing was my personal favorite which was BBQ. I had no idea how simple it is to make the BBQ flavor with spices I already had in the house! The most surprising thing was house much it tasted just like the BBQ flavor of potato chips. It was a little different tasting it on popcorn but mixed with the butter on the popcorn it was salty and delicious.
1. In a small bowl combine the paprika, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, garlic salt, and onion powder.
2. Pour the melted butter over top of the popcorn and toss to coat. Sprinkle the BBQ mixture over top of the mixture and toss to coat.
3. Allow the popcorn to sit for 10-15 minutes before packaging.
*Store in an air tight container for 1 week.
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsor today is Savorx. They are providing a Spiceologist Block. Knife block meets spice rack in this beautiful European Beech block filled with 22 glass vials of fresh spices. Beautify your kitchen in one easy step! Not only is it gorgeous it will help you be creative in the kitchen by keeping your most used spices close at hand. You can follow Savorx on Facebook.
#AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***