One of the best things about being a food blogger is the amazing friends I have made. I have been part of a food blogging community for 4 years now and have made some amazing friends. One of those friends is Nicole from Prevention RD. Nicole makes wonderful healthy recipes that include nutritional information on her site. I have plenty of her recipes on my own blog my favorites being the Buffalo Chicken Tacos and the S’mores Brownies. Did you know she even has two cookbooks out? You can check them out HERE.
The reason I’m telling you all about Nicole is that she will soon be having a baby girl! This is her first child and she is just thrilled to be welcoming her soon. She’s already decorated the nursery and it is absolutely adorable. Several of us from the food blogging community have decided to host a virtual baby shower in honor of Nicole and her baby girl!
I had a hard time deciding what to make. I knew I wanted to make something pink since she’s having a girl but I didn’t want to make anything too complicated because I wanted it to be something that Nicole can make for herself when the baby arrives. I finally came up with this fun and pretty Pink Lemonade Popcorn.
This popcorn is great because it only takes about 10 minutes to make and it’s great as an appetizer, dessert, or even as a baby shower favor. It takes popcorn and almonds and drizzles them with three different colors of chocolate. The pink chocolate is flavored with pink lemonade flavoring which gives the popcorn a sweet and tart kick! I then sprinkled on some red, pink, and white sprinkles to give it some added color. Super fun and perfect for a baby shower.
Congratulations to Nicole and her husband on their baby girl!
- 4 c. popped popcorn
- ½ c. almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ c. white chocolate
- ¼ c. yellow chocolate
- ¼ c. pink chocolate
- 1 packet (individual serving) pink lemonade drink mix
- pink, white, and red sprinkles
- In a bowl toss the popcorn and almonds together.
- Spread the popcorn and almonds on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until it is melted. Repeat with the yellow chocolate.
- Place the yellow chocolate in one zip top baggie and the white chocolate in another zip top baggie. Snip off the ends and drizzle each chocolate color over top of the popcorn and almond mixture, taking care to hit most of the pieces.
- Immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles so that they will adhere to the chocolate.
- Next, melt the pink chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted. Stir the pink lemonade packet into the pink chocolate.
- Place the pink lemonade flavored chocolate in a zip top baggie, snip off the end, and drizzle over the popcorn mixture.
- Allow 15 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Store the popcorn in an airtight container.