This is the end of summer. Many kids have already gone back to school and many more will soon be going. That means parents will be looking for delicious meals to pack for their children for their school lunches. I have also been looking for recipes for myself to pack for my own school lunch.
A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for Lemon Parmesan Pita Chips with Sabra Hummus Singles. I’ve made these pita chips several times since and both my husband and I have enjoyed them with Sabra Hummus Singles. The Sabra Hummus Singles come in both Classic and Roasted Red Pepper Flavors.
I’ve also been working on some dippers for the Sabra Guacamole Singles. My favorite thing about the guacamole singles is that I can eat the entire thing in one sitting. Often when I open a container of guacamole I want to eat it over several days but it begins turning brown. I don’t have to worry about that with these fun singles!
Sabra Guacamole Singles come in three delicious flavors. There is Classic, Spicy, and Garden Veggie Guacamole. Each has just 90 calories and is made with Hass Avocados. The guacamole pairs well with tortilla chips, pita chips, chopped bell peppers or even on toast.
I’ve been looking for a fun dipper to pair with the guacamole singles and with zucchini in abundance I decided to make Baked Zucchini Fries. They are super easy to make and get nice and crispy. When they come out of the oven they make a delicious after school snack when paired with Sabra Guacamole Singles. They are also good cold when packed in a lunchbox along with your favorite guacamole flavor.
If you want to try Sabra Hummus or Guacamole Singles for yourself simply click HERE to receive a $1.00 off coupon!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 egg
- ½ c. breadcrumbs
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 4 Sabra Guacamole Singles
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slice the ends off the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each half into sticks that are about ½ inch thick and 3-4 inches long.
- Place the egg in a shallow dish and beat along with 1 tablespoon of water.
- In another shallow dish combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Dip a zucchini stick in the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking pan. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the zucchini fries are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve 6-8 zucchini fries with a Sabra Guacamole Single.
This post is sponsored by Sabra as part of the Sabra Tastemakers program. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.