Twenty years later and I'm still the same way. Only now French's has Cheddar French Fried Onions which is just a whole other ball game. I had a coupon to buy these last week and they were on sale so I bought the big can. I wanted to make something a little different and ended up turning them in to a coating for this Crispy Onion Chicken.
This recipe had only a handful of ingredients and was delicious. I loved the crunchy fried onion crust with the juicy chicken inside. The onions made a perfect crust for the chicken. I can't wait to try this with pork or even fish!
- 1½ c. French's Cheddar French Fried Onions
- ½ c. panko
- 1 egg
- 2 t. honey
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 t. pepper
- 4 chicken breast cutlets (about 4 oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the French Fried Onions in a bag and crush them. Pour them into a shallow dish and toss with the panko and black pepper.
- In a second dish beat the egg, honey, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and garlic cloves. Beat until well combined.
- Take a chicken cutlet and dip it into the egg mixture then press it into the french fried onions, coating it all over. Place the cutlets in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the breading is golden brown.