Winter is here and that means no more farmer’s market. After a fabulous summer and early fall of farm fresh vegetables I’m back at the market for my vegetables. For the last few weeks we haven’t been eating salad because the lettuce hasn’t been looking good at all. My brother recently told me about the New Eat Smart Gourmet Salad and Stir Fry Kits. They are the fast and flavorful way to eat fresh veggies every day. I was excited by the wide variety of the kits. They have fresh salad kits and stir fry kits with great looking vegetables. Many of the kits are made with delicious and sophisticated combinations of ingredients like kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, and/or quinoa and toppings like roasted pumpkin seeds, almonds or dried cranberries. I love that all the ingredients needed for a meal are right there in the kit. I recently tried the Ginger Bok Choy salad kit. It contains six superfoods: sugar snap peas, carrots, Napa cabbage, broccoli, bok choy and red cabbage, plus peanuts and a ginger sesame dressing. Since I wanted to make it for dinner I paired it with grilled chicken marinated in a ginger and soy marinade. This was such an easy meal to make. I simply divided the salad between two plates, sprinkled on the peanuts, then sauteed the chicken. Once it was finished I put the chicken on top and drizzled the salad with the ginger sesame dressing. This was a fresh, delicious, and healthy weeknight meal that I was able to cook in just 15 minutes. It was also nice to enjoy some vegetables that I can’t always get in my market. They were crisp and looked healthy which was a nice change from the limp lettuce I usually pick up in the market all winter long.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 t. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 Eat Smart Ginger Bok Choy Salad Kit
- Place the chicken breasts in a freezer baggie. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger, and black pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Divide the Ginger Bok Choy Salad mix between two plates. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 8 pieces. Divide between the two salads. Drizzle with sesame ginger salad dressing.
Eat Smart has some amazing Salad Kits including Wild Greens and Quinoa, Sesame Bok Choy, and Roasted Yam Salad. They also have some delicious Stir Fry Kits including Kale and Red Chard and Shanghai Blend. To find Eat Smart products near you check out the Store Locator.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.