This post and giveaway are sponsored by Hamilton Beach. I have received the a Hamilton Beach Air Fryer for review, however, all opinions are my own.
What is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryers, simply put, are compact convection ovens. They circulate hot air around a basket that holds your food. The Hamilton Beach Air Fryer is an easy-to-use countertop appliance that produces crispy food quickly with less fat than a deep fryer.
So let's talk about Air Fryers. About two years ago a friend let me borrow hers and I used it to make fries. I thought it was pretty easy to use but I wasn't sold. I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't just put them in the oven.
Fast forward two years and I now have a 15 month old. I totally see why the Air Fryer is convenient. It's totally awesome to throw his chicken nuggets and fries in there and have them ready in 15 minutes, no preheating needed. Can I tell you how great it is that there is no preheating? It's so easy to put his meal in the Air Fryer while I cook our meal on the stove.
Another thing I love about the Air Fryer is that I can heat up leftovers in just a few minutes and they taste so much better than in a microwave. It's just as easy, I don't dirty anything other than the basket, and it's ready in 5 or 6 minutes. I'm totally sold on the Air Fryer for small batch meals!
One of the first things I made in the Air Fryer is something that I've continued to make which are Air Fryer Old Bay French Fries. You can make these from potatoes or simply use frozen fries. They are great either way and are a simple side dish or appetizer. We actually like to make these during Game Day and snack on them while watching sports.
In order to make the Old Bay French Fries all you have to do is put the fries in the Air Fryer basket, sprinkle them with the seasoning, and cook. Then I like to whip up a super tasty sauce to go with them. It's made of ketchup, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, and salt.
Have you tried Old Bay French Fries in the Air Fryer? If not, get this recipe now and give it a try this weekend!
- 2 c. frozen French Fries
- 1 T. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- cooking spray
- ¼ c. ketchup
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- Place the frozen fries in the basket of the Air Fryer. Spritz with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the Old Bay seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Hold the basket over top of the sink and sprinkle the fries with the seasoning. Shake to coat the fries (and allow the extra seasoning to fall into the sink).
- Place the basket in the pan and then place in the Air Fryer.
- Turn the Air Fryer on and put on the French Fry setting. Let them cook until you hear a beep. Remove from the Air Fryer.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Serve the hot fries with the dipping sauce.
Features of the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer
- Achieve a crispy fried texture when cooking a variety of foods, from French fries to steak.
- The electric air fryer is quick and easy to use with no preheating necessary. Select either a pre-programmed setting or a time and temperature up to 400 degrees.
- One touch is all it takes to cook French fries, chicken, seafood, steak, baked goods and veggies.
- Nonstick food basket is removable to easily hand wash.
- Large air fryer cooking basket holds 2.5 liters.