As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
My son is a picky eater. Being a food blogger it kind of stinks that your kid doesn’t really eat a variety of food. I realize he just turned 2 and that it is totally normal but I still wish he would try more things. He is getting better about at least tasting foods that he normally wouldn’t and every now and then we find another food that he will eat.
I’ve really enjoyed having my Air Fryer because of this. It makes it easy to throw in a few chicken nuggets and some fries while I’m making my husband and I dinner. I also can heat up leftovers in it for him as well. One of his favorite foods is pizza but I have found that he does not like to have his pizza reheated so that has been a bit of a problem.
Quick story about J and pizza. The other night he was getting a little bit fussy so I decided to show him what was in the oven. I called him into the kitchen, turned on the oven light, and announced that I was making pizza. He got so excited and immediately tried to open the oven door. I explained that it was cooking and showed him how the timer was counting down and that when he heard the beep it would be done. He tried crawling up into my arms so I picked him up. He turned my face towards his and gave me a big old kiss! That’s how much this kid loves pizza.
So since he isn’t a big fan of reheated pizza or of waiting for a pizza to cook I’ve been trying to find ways to make pizza that are super fast. The best way I’ve found is to make Air Fryer Pita Pizzas. They take about 5 minutes to make and use just a handful of ingredients. Since most of the foods I make him take 5 minutes this is a great one to make him. It’s also nice because I can whip one up any time as long as I have the pitas.
To make these pizzas I like to spritz he pita with cooking spray and heat it in the Air Fryer for about 2 minutes to get a crispy base. Then I pile on the toppings and put it back in for about 3 minutes and it is finished! One quick thing to note is that you need to check on your toppings. The Air Fryer works by blowing hot air inside of the unit so sometimes it blows the pepperoni right off the top of my pizza! I usually check about a minute after putting the toppings on so I can put them back on the pizza for the remaining time.
J really seems to like these pita pizzas and I think they are pretty good too. The pita gets crispy and the cheese is nice and melted. It’s great that these take 5 minutes to put together and 5 minutes to make. We only top ours with pepperoni and cheese but you can put just about any topping on them you want and have a delicious lunch or dinner in under 10 minutes.
- 2 large pitas
- 1/3 c. marinara sauce
- 1/3 c. mozzarella cheese
- Spritz the top and bottom of the pitas with cooking spray.
- Place one pita in the Air Fryer and heat on 400 degrees for 2 minutes. Carefully remove it from the Air Fryer and place the other pita in for 2 minutes.
- Divide the sauce between the 2 pitas. Top with the cheese and pepperoni.
- Return one pita pizza to the Air Fryer and heat at 380 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Remove from Air Fryer and cook the remaining pizza for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the pizza into quarters.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Quick and Easy Pizza Recipes
- Air Fryer Pita Pizzas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Taco French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy French Bread Pizzas by Family Around the Table
- Easy Tortilla Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Dough from Sour Dough Discard by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pre-Baked Pizza Crust by Art of Natural Living