As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
It’s Cookout Week and today I’m excited to share a recipe for a delicious pasta salad that does not have any mayonnaise in it. While I love a creamy pasta salad whenever I’m hosting a cookout or going to a picnic I like to take a pasta salad without mayonnaise so it can sit outside a little bit longer. Today I’m sharing this Balsamic Bruschetta Pasta Salad.
I got the idea for this pasta salad from an ingredient I received from The French Farm. The French Farm makes the finest imported gourmet foods and kitchen accessories available to everyone. All of their products are crafted by small, family owned businesses. I received Terre Exotique Madras Curry Mix, Pebeyre Truffle Mayonnaise, and Il Boschetto Bruschetta Spice Mix.
After tasting all of my items the Bruschetta Spice Mix was calling my name. I actually made three different dishes with the spice mix but this one is the most cookout friendly. I did rub chicken breasts with balsamic, olive oil, and the bruschetta spice mix and grilled them and they were quite tasty. I also made classic bruschetta with it.
This delicious version of pasta salad starts with your favorite type of pasta. I’m going to be honest, when I looked in the pantry I saw that I had 3 different types of small pasta shapes that only had a bit left in the box. One of the awesome things about pasta salad is you can use any shape so I went ahead and made all three.
I tossed the pasta with diced tomatoes, bruschetta seasonings, olive oil, balsamic, fresh herbs, and Parmesan cheese. It’s such a simple recipe but it packs a ton of flavor. While I used small amounts of balsamic and olive oil to start, I found that after a day or two I needed to add more to keep the pasta salad from sticking together.
The pasta salad tastes really fresh with the herbs and tomatoes in it. Then the bruschetta seasoning adds a ton of flavor to it. The balsamic gives it a hint of acidity and the olive oil rounds it out. It really is a tasty pasta salad dish and one that can be served at any cookout.
- 3 c. dry, short pasta noodles (I used multiple shapes)
- 1 1/2 c. diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Bruschetta Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run noodles under cold water.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta noodles with the diced tomatoes, Bruschetta Seasoning Mix, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the oregano, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese and gently toss.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe