I usually love the heat. I can't wait for summer to get here so I can wear dresses, shorts, and sandals. That is one of my favorite things about summer. What I don't love about the summer is when it gets super humid. After several very rainy weeks the weather has been hot and humid for the last two weeks and it's been quite miserable.
In an effort to beat the heat we've been going to the pool, using the sprinkler in the yard, and drinking as many cold beverages as possible. I've been getting tired of drinking plain old water and iced tea so I've had to come up with some creative beverages. This has included flavored water, iced tea, and lemonade.
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Blueberry Peach Lemonade. I start by making homemade lemonade with water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and honey for sweetener. I know some people prefer using sugar but I like using honey as a sweetener because it's not quite as sweet.
After getting the lemonade together I muddled some peaches and blueberries then strained the juice into the lemonade. You can put the whole fruit in there but it gets really chunky which I don't like. Straining it preserves the juice but leaves out the solids.
Once it was finished I poured it into ice filled glasses and garnished it with a slice of peach. The flavor was really delicious and it was perfect for sipping on a hot day. The lemonade was sweet and tart and had just a light fruity flavor. If you want more fruit you could add additional. You can also add more or less honey depending on how you want it to taste. No matter how you make this, it's refreshing on a hot summer day.
- 3 c. water
- ¼ c. honey
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ c. blueberries
- 1 peach, cut into pieces
- Place the water and honey in a saucepan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the honey is well combined with the water. Add in half the lemon juice and stir.
- Remove from burner and cool completely.
- In another small saucepan combine the remaining lemon juice, blueberries, and peach. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Using a spoon mash the berries and peach to release all the juices.
- Push the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the solids. Pour the strained juice into the saucepan with the water and honey mixture and mix well.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour the lemonade over top of the ice. Garnish with a peach slice and blueberries.
Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don't miss one delicious recipe.
Blueberry Week Recipes Breakfast
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Coffee Braid by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Orange Bread by Family Around the Table
- Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Drinks & Appetizers
- Blueberry Peach Lemonade by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Lime Margaritas by The Baking Fairy
- Blueberry Lemonade Slushie by The Beard and The Baker
- Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Summer Salad with Greens, Microflowers, and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Galette by Caroline's Cooking
- Blueberry Goat Cheese Ice Cream Bars by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Pie Bars by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Peachy Blueberry Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Rosemary Linzer Cookies with Blueberry Preserves by The Spiffy Cookie
It has peaches in it. I'm going to love it. Because I love peaches!
Leanne @ Crumb Top Baking
Peaches and blueberries are such a delicious combo, and this lemonade looks summery and refreshing! We don't get a lot of heat and humidity here, but we do have the occasional warm day and this lemonade would be perfect for sipping on my back deck!
[email protected] Freshman Cook
I love the blueberry peach combination. It is sooo good! This looks refreshing and easy to make! I am looking forward to enjoying this sometime this week!
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
Yum! This sounds like such a refreshing summer drink!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
What a wonderful twist on the good ol' lemonade! It sounds so refreshing on a hot summer day.