This post is sponsored in conjunction with #ChristmasCookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #ChristmasCookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies are soft cookies made with pecans and brown sugar then topped with an easy brown sugar frosting and a pecan half.
With the holidays coming up I've been working on my cookies. The best part of the holidays is the amount of cookies I bake. I always make my old favorites like thumbprints, gourmet oatmeal cookies, and cranberry bliss bars.
Then I start my new baking. This year I was super excited by these Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies. I try to make a cookie with either pecans or walnuts and these were screaming my name. Mounds of brown sugar and pecan pieces combine into soft and tasty cookies.
I mixed up the dough using Adams Best Twice as Strong Vanilla because it adds a huge punch of vanilla flavor. Then I grabbed a bag of Millican Pecan pieces. I like using Millican Pecan because they are already chopped into pieces but they aren't so tiny that you can't see them. They really are the best pecan!
After mixing up the dough it is rolled into balls and placed on a baking sheet. I used an Anolon Advanced cookie sheet with silicone grips. I love these pans because they are easy to put in and take out of the oven without sticking my oven mitt into the cookies. Plus they clean up easily and nothing sticks to them!
After baking the cookies I pulled them out of the oven to cool. Then I made the frosting. This is not your traditional frosting as it's a cooked frosting.
A cooked frosting is great for cookies because it goes on the cookies easily but then firms up so that the cookies can be stacked or packaged. I also think that in this case the brown sugar frosting takes on a caramel flavor from being cooked. I add sea salt to my frosting for the sweet and salty combination but you can certainly leave it out.
To finish the cookies off I used a single pecan half on each one but a sprinkle of pecan pieces would be great as well. These cookies taste like the holidays. They are soft with flavors of brown sugar and pecans. I could seriously eat about a half dozen of these!
For the cookies:
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- 36 pecan halves
For the frosting:
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. heavy cream (or whole milk)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2-3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set (not glossy) and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting combine the brown sugar and cream in a small pot over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the butter.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar and beat until smooth. If frosting is too thin add more sugar while keeping in mind the frosting will harden as it cools.
- Spread each cookie with 1 tablespoon of frosting and top with a pecan half.
Recipe from The Recipe Rebel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate's Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.