This post is sponsored in conjunction with #ChristmasCookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #ChristmasCookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
French Toast Cookies are soft and chewy cookies with flavors of vanilla and maple just like your favorite French toast sticks!
Every fall I start making a list of all the cookies and side dishes I want to make for the holidays. I find recipes for all of them and then narrow it down to a few favorites.
A month or two before the actual holiday I start recipe testing. I make a few small batches of cookies, a few desserts, and test out a few side dishes. Only my very favorite ones will make the cut!
My favorite recipes to test are the cookie recipes. I usually make each one twice because I’ve found that the temperature of the butter or the type of pan can affect how they turn out and I want to make sure that I really like the cookie.
This year I was excited to test these French Toast Cookies. They have corn syrup in them which I found to be unusual and I wondered how it would react in the recipe. It also calls for maple extract and vanilla extract (I used Adams Best Twice as Strong Vanilla for that extra vanilla flavor) which is where a lot of the flavor comes from.
I mixed up the dough and placed the cookies on my Anolon Advanced Cookie Sheet with Silicone Grips because it makes the cookies easy to put in and take out of the oven. The grips ensure that I don’t stick my pot holder into the cookies or that the pan slips out of my grasp.
As these cookies baked it smelled like I was baking something with syrup. When I took them out I could just tell they were going to be chewy. I think that the corn syrup must help with the chewiness of these cookies.
The first bite tasted like maple and vanilla and spices. It was warm and chewy and I could totally tell they were supposed to taste like French Toast. I actually ended up eating 3 of these cookies which is a lot for me so you know they have to be good!
I’m definitely making these for Christmas and you should too! They are easy to make and the flavor is hard to beat.
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- If you don’t have maple extract (I didn’t) you can substitute a tablespoon of maple syrup instead.
- Make sure to let the cookies sit for the 2 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet because they are actually still baking while they sit on the pan.
- If you are into spices you can add cinnamon or cardamom to the sugar that you are rolling the dough in for added spice.
Recipe from Accidental Happy Baker
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Recipe from Accidental Happy Baker
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Sugar Ice Box Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chocolate Pecan Cookie Crisps by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Checkerboard Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Christmas Chippity Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Cinnamon Snowball Cookies by Jersey Girl Cooks
- French Toast Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosty Ginger Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ginger Snap Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Holiday Coins by Family Around the Table
- Italian Christmas Cookies by Blogghetti
- Meringue Christmas Trees Two Ways by Art of Natural Living
- New York-Style Black & Whites by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pecan Crescent Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Pepparkakor by That Recipe
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Crushed Oreo Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Reindeer Haystacks by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Italian Wedding Cookies by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Vegan Italian Wine Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Zimstern – German Cinnamon Stars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.