As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Candy Cane Cookie Fudge is a double layered fudge topped with candy cane chocolate cookies!
Fudge is one of those things that I make all year long. It’s so simple to make and there are so many different versions to try. You can make fudge in the microwave or the stove top. It can be made with sweetened condensed milk, marshmallow fluff, or boiled sugar.
A few weeks ago my friend went to Trader Joe’s and bought me some Candy Cane Joe Joe’s. They are basically chocolate sandwich cookies with a white cream filling mixed with crushed candy canes. The candy cane and chocolate pair so well together.
I thought the cookies would be really good in a fudge recipe and I happen to have sweetened condensed milk in the cupboard so I got to work on my Candy Cane Cookie Fudge. While you can definitely make this a single layer fudge I’m all for the double layer fudge and did one layer of dark chocolate and one layer of white chocolate.
Since this fudge hardens fairly quickly I simply made the dark chocolate layer, poured it into a pan, then went right on to make the white chocolate layer. I used Ghiradelli White Chocolate Peppermint chunks so that the white chocolate would have some of the candy cane or peppermint flavor in it but you can use plain white chocolate with crushed peppermints or candy canes.
I don’t have Candy Cane Joe Joe’s, what else can I use?
You can use crushed up Oreos along with a crushed candy cane or peppermint candy. It will give the same flavor and texture as the Joe Joe’s.
I’m not a fan of dark chocolate, can I use something else?
Yes! I’m actually not a huge dark chocolate fan but I think it works in this recipe. However, you can totally use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate in place of the dark chocolate in this recipe.
How long does the first fudge layer need to sit in the refrigerator before adding the second layer?
Only a few minutes. I put it in as soon as it was finished and then started on the second layer. When the second layer was ready I poured it right on top and it was totally fine.
How do I store this fudge?
Keep it in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 10 days or in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Once both layers are in the pan I crushed up the Candy Cane Joe Joe’s and sprinkled them on top. Since it was cold outside I set them on my indoor porch but you can place it in your refrigerator to harden or simply leave it on the counter.
More Candy Cane Recipes:
- Candy Cane Rice Krispies Treats
- Candy Cane Martini
- Candy Cane Fudge
- Spiked Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate
This fudge is so good. I like that it has two layers of fudge and the cookies add a nice crunch to it. This fudge is perfect served with a cup of hot coffee or hot cocoa.
If you’ve tried my Candy Cane Cookie Fudge or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Candy Cane Cookie Fudge
- 1 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 c. White Chocolate Peppermint chunks or plain white chocolate
- 10 Candy Cane Joe Joe's or other chocolate peppermint cookies, crushed
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil. Set aside.
- Heat the dark chocolate and half of the sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sea salt. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Place fudge in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate peppermint chunks and remaining sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until white chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the fudge from the refrigerator and pour the white chocolate over top of the first layer. Smooth the top quickly.
- Sprinkle crushed cookie pieces all over the top of the fudge and gently press them into the top layer.
- Allow the fudge to harden for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 30 squares and enjoy!