Last year before Christmas I was on a huge fudge kick. I realized that fudge not only tastes good but it’s super easy to make. So instead of making and giving cookies to my friends and family members, I gave them a variety of fudge. I made chocolate mint fudge, gingerbread fudge, chocolate fudge, and eggnog fudge.
So with Christmas rolling around again this year, I’m making a few new flavors of fudge to give to friends and family. Fudge makes a great hostess gift, a great gift for coworkers, or a delicious dessert to take to a holiday party. That’s why I’m sharing it for this weeks Sunday Supper theme of Easy Holiday Party recipes!
The first fudge I’m making this year is Candy Cane Fudge. Whenever I’m at a store around the holidays the candy I see the most of it candy canes. While I do enjoy the flavored candy canes, the traditional peppermint ones are my favorite.
This fudge is made with a white chocolate base. It’s simple to make and includes crushed candy canes and peppermint crunch baking chips. If you can’t find peppermint crunch baking chips just looks for peppermint baking chips, they’ll work just fine. I love the fun pink color of the fudge and the flavor of white chocolate and peppermint with a bit of a crunch. It’s a festive fudge that makes a great gift.
- 18 oz. white chocolate
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. crushed candy canes
- ½ c. peppermint crunch baking chips
- Place a piece of foil or parchment in the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan combine the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, crushed candy canes, and peppermint crunch. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Quickly smooth the top with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with additional crushed candy cane if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and gently pull on the foil or parchment to remove fudge from the pan.
- Cut into 24 squares.