It's my fourth and final giveaway for my 3 year blog anniversary. Are you having fun yet? I sure am! Today I have prizes from THREE wonderful sponsors! They are Wholly Guacamole, Attune Foods, and Dreamfields Pasta. You can search any of these three companies on my blog and see the original recipes I've made with products from all three companies! Check out the end of the post for details on entering this giveaway! *This giveaway has now ended*
Wholly Guacamole is not only giving one of my readers a cooler full of products but they sent me a package as well. So I decided to put the salsa and guacamole to good use and made a simple but delicious cheese, salsa, and guacamole quesadilla. Initially I was going to use store bought tortillas but looking at my yummy ingredients I knew I had to make my homemade ones.
These quesadillas are simple to make. They are tortillas stuffed with a blend of Mexican cheeses, salsa, and guacamole, then topped with sour cream...that's it! They are delicious though. The tortillas are crisp and buttery, the cheese is gooey, and the salsa and guacamole are spicy.
Cheese, Salsa, and Guacamole Quesadilla (a Hezzi-D original)
8 Flour Tortillas
2 T. butter
½ c. Classic Wholly Guacamole
½ c. Wholly Medium Salsa
1 c. Mexican Cheese blend
¼ c. sour cream
1. Heat a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
2. Spread a thin layer of butter on 1 tortilla. Place it in the pan.
3. Spread a layer of guacamole over top of the tortilla then sprinkle with ¼ cup of cheese. Dollop with salsa.
4. Top with another tortilla. Spread a thin layer of butter on another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Flip over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut into 6 pieces and serve with sour cream.
**Wholly Guacamole sent me a cooler of their products for my honest review. Attune Foods, Wholly Guacamole, and Dreamfields Pasta all provided items for my giveaway but any and all opinions of their products are my own.**