We eat chicken at least once a week because it's easy to make and it really takes on any flavor it's cooked in. Unfortunately, I've been running out of ideas for my chicken. I've made countless enchiladas, burritos, Asian chicken cuisine, chicken Parmesans, and chicken soup. I was dying for something different and it came to me in the form of Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce.
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- If you don't have chicken breasts try using thin sliced boneless pork chops instead!
- If you don't want to add wine you can simply increase the amount of chicken broth by ¼ cup.
- Pounding chicken breasts can be a pain. To save yourself some time (and effort) look for thinly sliced chicken breasts at the market! They generally cost the same amount and work perfectly in this recipe!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼ inch thick (or you can buy 8 thin slices chicken breasts)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ¼ c. flour
- 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 1 ½ c. chicken broth
- ⅓ c. light sour cream
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ c. fresh chopped chives plus more for garnishing
- Put the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound until they are ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder then dredge in flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet. Add the shallots and garlic cooking for 1-2 minutes, scraping the bottom to get the brown bits. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour and stir to coat.
- Add the wine and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the chicken is heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and chopped chives. Flip the chicken to coat in the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with a spoonful of the sauce and fresh chives sprinkled on top.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet Day to Day
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1136mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g