Stop buying frozen home fries and make your own with fresh vegetables and spices in less than 30 minutes!
While I don’t normally make a big breakfast I do tend to make breakfast for dinner at least once a month. We always have my old fashioned pancakes, either bacon or sausage, home fries, and fresh fruit. I usually keep a bag of home fries in the freezer but when I went to take them out last week I found out they were all gone.
I had two choices. I could either run to the store and grab a bag or I could try and make them myself. Since I had a five pound bag of potatoes I figured I would try and make them myself.
I took a few of the potatoes out and diced them into half inch cubes. I added some salt and pepper and then sauteed them in olive oil until they started to get tender.
Then I grabbed an onion and a bell pepper out of the crisper and diced them up. I added them to the potatoes along with some seasonings and cooked them until the potatoes were soft on the interior but starting to crisp up on the outside.
I served the home fries with a side of ketchup and man were they delicious! They had so much more flavor then the ones I buy frozen and they were crisp on the exterior but had a soft middle. I’m not sure why I’ve never made them before!
I can tell you one thing, I won’t be buying frozen home fries again. From now on it’s only homemade home fries for me.
Recipe adapted from Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe adapted from Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Einspänner (Viennese Coffee with Whipped Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Strawberry Rhubarb Mimosas by Kate’s Recipe Box
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Biscuit Ebelskiver by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Pecan French Toast Casserole by Love & Confections
- Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Homemade Cream Cheese Danish by Big Bears Wife
- Soft Summer Herb Bread Knots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy and Airy Cheese Soufflé for Two by Making Miracles
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Roll-Ups by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
- Turkey and Cheese Rollups by The Mandatory Mooch
- Vegan Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito by Happily Curated Chaos
- Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Cookies and Cream Macarons by April Golightly
- German Plum Cake (Pflaumenkuchen) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff by Keto Basic AF
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake by Amy’s Cooking Adventures