Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup (adapted from Prevention RD)
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 c. broccoli florets
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
2 stalks celery, diced
½ onion, diced
1 shallot, minced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
½ t. salt
1 t. black pepper
½ t. paprika
¼ t. thyme
1 T. flour
½ c. white wine
⅓ c. water
⅓ c. fat free half and half
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, and garlic in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring once during baking.
3. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a Dutch oven. Add in the onion, celery, shallot, and carrot. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Whisk in the paprika, thyme, and flour. Cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and garlic mixture to the simmering soup and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Working in batches, add the soup to a food process and blend until pureed and smooth.
7. Return to the Dutch oven and add in half and half and parsley. Cook until heated through. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.
This post linked to:
Meatless Mondays, What Makes You Say Mmmm, Totally Tasty Tuesdays,
Leave a Reply