These Copycat Crumbl New York Cheesecake Cookies are made with a delightful graham cracker cookie base topped off with homemade cream cheese frosting and graham cracker crumbs on top.
In case you haven't heard, Crumbl Cookies are all the rage. I've been hearing a lot about them but I don't have one near me.
I've been on a roll making copycat versions of their cookies in the last month because they are just so good. I can make around 1 dozen huge cookies for the price they charge for three of their cookies so it's totally worth it.
My newest favorite is the New York Cheesecake Cookie. It's hard to go wrong with a cookie made from graham cracker crumbs and topped with cream cheese frosting.
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- graham crackers
- baking powder
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
To Make the Cookies: In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. In another bowl mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
To Make the Frosting: In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
So the cookie base is awesome. While it starts out like a typical cookie it substitutes half of the flour in a regular cookie for graham cracker crumbs.
You can make the crumbs by putting the graham crackers in a food processor or put them in a baggie and smash them with a rolling pin. I used the rolling pin method because I didn't want to have to clean my food processor and it worked just fine.
The thing about these cookies is that they are really large. I would say they are 2 times the size of a normal cookie.
What is Crumbl?
Crumbl cookies is the United States fastest growing cookie company. It has a weekly rotating menu. The chocolate chip cookie is always available along with four other flavors each week. The cookies are available for take out, delivery, and catering.
Can I add a different topping to the cookie?
If you don't want to add graham cracker crumbs to the top you can add a variety of other toppings. I used a caramel drizzle on some of mine and it was delicious. You can also top them with jam, chopped strawberries, chocolate drizzle, or mini chocolate chips.
How do you store the cookies?
Place the cookies in an air-tight container or wrap them in plastic wrap. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes you can! To freeze them do not frost them. Simply bake the cookies and cool completely. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour or until solid. Then wrap the cookies in plastic wrap and place in an air tight container or a freezer baggie and store for up to 2 months.
Just because they are bigger doesn't mean you should cook them longer though. They are soft cookies because they come out of the oven in a short amount of time.
These cookies baked up nicely and were easy to move to a cooling rack after sitting on the baking sheet for 5 minutes out of the oven. Once cooled it was time for the frosting.
The frosting is an easy cream cheese frosting recipe. You can use your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe or try this one out.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
I used an open tip in a piping bag to pipe the frosting onto the cookies. You can use a zip top baggie and just cut off the end to pipe it on.
After putting on the frosting sprinkle the tops with the graham cracker crumbs. If using other toppings wait until just before serving to place the topping on the cookie.
These cookies are amazing! The cookies are soft, buttery, and taste of graham crackers. The frosting tastes like cheesecake. Together these cookies are a decadent dessert.
If you’ve tried my Crumbl New York Cheesecake Cookies or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
For the Cookie:
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ c. flour
- 1 c. graham crackers, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop, scoop out 10 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Place the cookie dough on a baking sheet and flatten to ¾ inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting place the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Using a mixer, mix on medium high speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- Use a piping bag and open tip to frost the cookies or just spread the frosting on top.
- Sprinkle the tops with graham cracker crumbs or other desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Lifestyle of a Foodie