Looking for a twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie? My Ice Cream Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with chocolate chips, pieces of sugar cones, and tons of sprinkles.
Do you ever see a recipe and just know that you have to make it? This was one of those recipes. Not only were these cookies calling my name but I happen to have 6 sugar cones sitting in my cupboard just begging to be used.
I pinned the recipe and came back to it a week later to make. I just couldn’t stop thinking about it. The funny thing is that it isn’t too different from a regular old chocolate chip cookie.
I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and then just added in the sugar cone pieces and the sprinkles. I did steal a bite of the dough and I loved the crunch the cone added to the batter and the sweetness. These cookies were going to be a winner.
When they came out of the oven I gobbled one up. I really liked the way they tasted but the cone pieces were really chewy. I let the rest of the batch cool and then tried them again.
The cones get crunchy again once they cool so make sure you allow for cooling time before eating these cookies. I like the texture of these cookies best. They are definitely sweeter than regular chocolate chip cookies but the texture makes them really something special.
These would be an awesome cookie to serve along side an ice cream sundae bar, at a BBQ, or at a pool party!
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- Substitute your favorite type of chip in for the chocolate chips such as cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips for a fun flavor change!
- Bake these cookies and then break into pieces for a fun ice cream sundae topping.
- Using a cookie scoop will help to make these cookies uniform in size and cook evenly.
- Using a silpat or parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet will allow you to remove the cookies from the pans much more easily.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. crushed ice cream sugar cones (about 6)
- 1/2 c. sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, crushed sugar cones, and sprinkles.
- Using a cookie scoop drop the dough onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Taste of Home
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Wednesday #BBQWeek Recipes
- DIY Hot Dog Onion Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions by Blogghetti
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad by The Spiffy Cookie
- Poppy Seed Slaw by Our Good Life
- Smoked Ribs with KC Style Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Southwest Pasta Salad with Lime Vinaigrette by Making Miracles
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs by The Freshman Cook
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berry Spinach Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tortellini Pesto Salad by Our Crafty Mom
- Tri Color Potato Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm