It's Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas and today I have a wonderful DIY beauty gift for all the ladies in your life! Whether it's your mom, sister, cousin, or even a child's teacher, everyone is going to love the peppermint scented sugar scrub.
Sugar scrub is great for the winter months. The sugar works to exfoliate the skin and scrubs away dry, dead skin on your hands, feet, or body. The sugar scrub will leave your body feeling smooth and glowing skin. It'll also leaving you smelling lightly of peppermint which is a wonderful holiday scent.
The great thing about this sugar scrub is that it only uses 4 ingredients, all of which are edible. This means it is non-toxic, safe for you skin, and is easy to make! It also means that you can use the scrub to soften chapped lips without worrying about getting chemicals in your mouth.
The scrub is made with sugar, coconut oil, peppermint candy, and peppermint extract. It's ready to use in about 5 minutes. I put the scrub into small canning jars and plan on decorating them with Christmas fabric and a holiday ribbon before giving it as a gift. The recipe makes two half pint jars so you can give one as a gift and keep the second for yourself!
- ½ c. coconut oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 15 peppermint candies
- 1 t. peppermint extract
- Unwrap the candies and place them in a food processor. Process on high for 1 minute.
- Put the coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minutes or until mostly melted.
- Add the sugar, processed peppermint candies, and peppermint extract to the coconut oil and mix well.
- Spoon into two half pint jars.
- To use the scrub place 1 tablespoon onto wet skin and rub in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water.
Recipe from rick•a•bam•boo