In our house we make a whole lot of Asian food. We try to have it once a week because we like it so much.
Generally I make it with tofu but on occasion I'll make something with chicken or pork. When we eat Chinese out, we love General Tso's Tofu at our local Chinese take out place. I definitely can't replicate that one.
Whenever we have Asian food we have rice with it. Most of the time I prepare either jasmine rice or brown rice. On occasion we'll buy the fried rice from our local place, but rarely do I make it myself.
Last week was different though. I don't know what possessed me to do so, but I decided that I needed to make it this time. My thought was to use pork and do a pork fried rice, but the last time I did that the pork pieces were too big and it wasn't very good
I went with a vegetable fried rice that included carrots, peas, and red pepper. It was combined with a spicy chili, soy sauce, and a few seasonings.
While it didn't taste quite as good as the fried rice we buy at the Chinese place, it was pretty delicious. The chili added a nice bit of spice and the veggies added some extra flavor. This is definitely a fried rice dish that we'll be making in the future.
Fried Rice with mixed vegetables, eggs, and soy sauce.
- 2 c. jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red chili, sliced lengthwise
- 2 c. mixed vegetables (I used carrots, peas, and red bell peppers), chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet scramble the eggs. Once they have cooked, remove the eggs from the pan and place them in a bowl.
- In the same skillet heat the olive oil and red chili over medium heat. Add in the vegetables and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the scrambled eggs, cooked rice, remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Mix well and cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in black pepper.
Adapted from Veggie Belly
More Asian Recipes:
- Baked Turkey Lumpia - Filipino Eggroll by Food Done Light
- Crab Ragoon by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Thai Style Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Venison Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicken Zoodle "Lo Mein" by Casa de Crews
- Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon by Palatable Pastime
- Vietnamese Flank Steak by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
Martin D. Redmond
I love a good fried rice! And your looks and sounds so delicious!
Sarah Reid, CNP (@jo_jo_ba)
I just taught my sister how to make fried rice! Love it
I alsways love a good fried rice like this one!
Fried rice is the dish my husband orders the most when we got out for Thai. I'll have to make it for him at home sometime.
Sounds delicious!! I love making my own "take-out" . It is so much healthier and affordable. xo Catherine
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook
I rarely take the time to make fried rice at home either, but it's a perfect leftovers style lunch!
Linda | Brunch with Joy
Yum! We love making fried rice at home, too. It's our go-to meal for leftovers rice or don't feel like cooking.
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm
It looks perfect.
Constance | CosmopolitanCornbread.com
I love fried rice - I think it is my favorite "Asian" dish 🙂
Like you I rarely make fried rice however for me its because I'm not someone who eats a lot of rice, so I just tend to buy for Grumpy. When I do get it, I tend to go with vegetable fried for myself. Yours looks delicious!
Gah, I love Fried Rice!! I've never used Jasmine for this dish though-good idea!