So dinner time has drastically changed since our baby was born. I used to cook 5 or 6 nights a week and each meal was planned out and ready to go. Sometimes they would take 30 minutes to make and sometimes they would take 1 hour to make. Currently I have about 15 minutes of time to make dinner or my husband will have to make it.
Many times we just grab an "Unofficial Meal" instead of making something big. These "Unofficial Meals" are usually something that I can make in 10 minutes or less, is fairly filling, and is something easy to eat. I've been trying to make more and more of these over the past month.
Yesterday I was super hungry around 4pm and I just lay the baby down for a nap. I grabbed a container of Sabra Greek Inspired Herbs and Olive Oil Hummus and then looked around the refrigerator for some other ingredients. I was going to simply bake some pita bread to make pita chips but when I saw the tortillas and the sun dried tomato paste I had a better idea.
We've eaten several quesadillas over the past month because they are easy but I'm getting tired of traditional quesadillas. I thought a Greek quesadilla sounded awesome. I spread a tortilla with Sabra Hummus on one side and sun dried tomato spread on the other tortilla. Inside of the tortillas I piled feta cheese, olives, spinach, and mozzarella cheese.
It only took about 10 minutes to make which was awesome. It was a little messy to flip in the pan so I used two spatulas to do it. I made 2 quesadillas and they were super filling. My husband and I split one while it was hot and that was our Unofficial Meal for the night. The other one we put in the refrigerator and ended up eating it cold the next day around lunch time. It was awesome getting two meals out of these quesadillas.
They tasted great too. The hummus and sun dried tomato spread worked well as the spreads and added a lot of flavor. The spinach and olives added flavor, color, and nutrition. Then the cheeses melted and held everything together and made the quesadillas gooey and delicious. It's really an awesome snack or easy to make meal.
- 4 soft tortillas
- 2 T. butter
- 6 T. Sabra Hummus (I used the new Greek Inspired Herbs and Olive Oil)
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. fresh spinach
- ¼ c. black olives, sliced
- ½ c. feta cheese
- 4 T. sun dried tomato spread
- Spread half a tablespoon of butter on one side of each of two tortillas and place them in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread each tortilla with 3 tablespoons of Sabra hummus. Sprinkle each tortilla with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of spinach, half the olives, and ¼ cup of feta cheese.
- Spread one side of the remaining two tortillas with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato spread and place the tortillas, spread side down, on top of the tortillas in the pan.
- Spread the tops of the tortillas with the remaining butter.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on one side then carefully use two spatulas to flip each tortilla. Continue cooking for 4-5 minutes or until the filling is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve hot or refrigerate and enjoy cold.
This post is sponsored by Sabra as part of the Sabra Tastemakers Program but all opinions are 100% my own.