I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot more since my baby was born. It’s nice to be able to throw a few ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and have dinner ready whenever we have time to eat. Since babies are so unpredictable this is really nice. Plus, slow cookers often make large quantities of food so we always have leftovers for the next day.
One of my favorite and easiest slow cooker meals are these slow cooker chicken tacos. There are only a handful of ingredients and it’s super tasty. Dump everything into the cooker, heat on low all day, and at the end of the night chicken tacos are ready to go!
These are really flavorful and don’t need much put on top of them. You can put them in hard shells or soft shells and put on your favorite toppings. I like to put on cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.
Then we had plenty left over so the next day I made chicken nachos! In order to make the nachos all I had to do was pour tortilla chips into a baking dish, top with chicken, cheese, jalapenos, peppers, and any other toppings and bake. It takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook so one big pot makes two delicious and easy meals.
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 c. salsa
- 12-16 soft tortilla shells
- Put the chicken in a slow cooker.
- Add in the enchilada sauce, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of water. Mix the ingredients together.
- Place a lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add in the salsa. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas and taco toppings.
Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes #SundaySupper
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pastas
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement