I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot more since my baby was born. It’s nice to be able to throw a few ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and have dinner ready whenever we have time to eat. Since babies are so unpredictable this is really nice. Plus, slow cookers often make large quantities of food so we always have leftovers for the next day.
One of my favorite and easiest slow cooker meals are these slow cooker chicken tacos. There are only a handful of ingredients and it’s super tasty. Dump everything into the cooker, heat on low all day, and at the end of the night chicken tacos are ready to go!
These are really flavorful and don’t need much put on top of them. You can put them in hard shells or soft shells and put on your favorite toppings. I like to put on cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.
Then we had plenty left over so the next day I made chicken nachos! In order to make the nachos all I had to do was pour tortilla chips into a baking dish, top with chicken, cheese, jalapenos, peppers, and any other toppings and bake. It takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook so one big pot makes two delicious and easy meals.
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 c. salsa
- 12-16 soft tortilla shells
- Put the chicken in a slow cooker.
- Add in the enchilada sauce, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of water. Mix the ingredients together.
- Place a lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add in the salsa. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas and taco toppings.
Other Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes:
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime