I can't believe how quickly Halloween is approaching. It seemed like just last week it was 90 degrees and super hot. Now all of a sudden fall weather is taking over and Halloween is almost here. It's crazy to say but Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays.
I love getting dressed up at school and seeing the reactions on the kids faces to my costumes. I have 3 or 4 that I rotate throughout the years but the kids still get a kick out of them. I also enjoy passing out candy at our house. Where we used to live we would only get a handful of trick-or-treaters and some years we didn't have anyone! Now we get 200-300 kids and I love it.
Each year I have a Halloween reward party for the kids at school. It's one of their favorite parties because I make all of the treats in a Halloween theme. I've made brain cupcakes, Monster Bundt Cakes, and candy corn cupcakes. Every year it's something different.
This year I'm making this Halloween Hot Chocolate for them. I love it because it's super easy to make but I know the kids will think it's super fun. It's actually a white hot chocolate that is dyed with food coloring. I used orange, purple, and green coloring but you can use any color you would like.
The Hot Chocolate is super easy to make with only a handful of ingredients. It's divided into bowls and dyed. Then it's placed in mugs, topped with whipped cream, then toppings are put on. I used Halloween colored sprinkles, marshmallows colored like eye balls, and marshmallows decorated like ghosts. It took me less then 15 minutes to make 8 mugs of Halloween Hot Chocolate.
So whether you are having a Halloween party or just want to treat your child to something fun, give this easy Halloween Hot Chocolate a try!
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips or disks
- 8 c. milk (I used 2%)
- 1 T. vanilla
- orange, green, and purple food coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Halloween Sprinkles
- mini marshmallows
- Edible marker
- Place the white chocolate in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the milk in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer but do not boil!
- While the milk is heating up use an edible black marker to put dots on mini marshmallows to make eyeballs. Then use it to make 2 eyes and mouth on mini marshmallows to make mini ghosts. If you don't have an edible marker you can use melted chocolate instead.
- Quickly pour the warm milk over top of the white chocolate and whisk until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Divide the hot chocolate into 3 bowls. Dye one orange, one green, and one purple. Pour into mugs.
- Spray with whipped cream and top with sprinkles, eye balls, and ghosts.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, "eyeballs", or "ghosts".