I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #TEArifficPairs
During the summer it gets pretty warm in our house, especially since we don't have air conditioning. To help stay cool we often make cold plates, salads, and sandwiches for dinner. Along with our dinners we always have ice cold beverages. One of my favorite summer drinks is iced tea. Lipton has several delicious "Fresh Brewed" iced teas that are easy to make. I love that Lipton has so many different flavors of their Tea & Honey variety. I wen to Wal-Mart and found the lemon iced black tea, decaf half berry lemonade & half iced tea, and the blackberry pomegranate iced green tea.
Last night I was craving a good sandwich. Not the plain old turkey and cheese or grilled cheese sandwich that I normally make in the summer when I want a sandwich. I'm talking thick slices of meat, different cheeses and vegetables...the works. When I told my husband what I was thinking, he immediately suggested a Club Sandwich with fresh brewed iced tea. When I asked him what he liked on his Club it turned out that while the basis of our sandwiches was the same, we had some different ideas.
I went searching for the answer as to what is actually on a club and the traditional sandwich is turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise on toasted bread. I like all of that except the tomato. I'm not a fan of raw tomatoes. I started thinking about what I really wanted on my sandwich and the original Hezzi-D Club Sandwich was born.
I place the sandwich on thick, toasted white sandwich bread. I stacked the first layer with turkey, mayonnaise, sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and avocado. The second stack had almost the same except I substituted Smoked Gouda for the cheddar cheese and left off the avocado. They looked mouthwatering just sitting on our plates with a side of potatoes.
The taste was amazing! My husband and I ate every single bite of these awesome club sandwiches. The two different types of cheese both came through as did the avocado and bacon. I served mine with a tall glass of Lipton Tea & Honey decaf half berry lemonade & half iced tea while my husband had the Lipton Refresh Iced Sweet Tea K-cup. Both beverages were ready in seconds and both had that delicious "fresh brewed" taste that was perfect with summer time Club sandwiches.
- 6 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 thick slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 thick slices of Smoked Gouda
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 oz. smoked turkey, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Toast all 6 pieces of bread.
- Place two pieces on a cutting board. Spread with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Top each with one ounce of turkey, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 2 bacon halves, 3 slices of avocado, and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Top with another slice of toasted bread. Spread it with mayonnaise, top each with 1 ounce of turkey, 1 slice of Smoked Gouda, 2 bacon halves, and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Spread the last piece of toast with mayonnaise, place it mayo side down on top of the lettuce, and press down.
- Using toothpicks or sandwich spears, place 4 into each sandwich. Cut into 4 triangles and serve with a pickle on the side.
A Hezzi-D original