This post is sponsored by Sabra as part of the Tastemakers program. All opinions are 100% my own.
I’m always on the lookout for new and easy snack ideas. With summer coming soon I don’t have to work so I often snack throughout the day instead of having a big meal. I try to eat food that is fairly nutritious but will fill me up so I don’t have to continuously snack until dinner.
I love these Hummus Taco Cups because they can be made in about 15 minutes, they are vegetarian, and they taste great. I can also eat two of these and not have to snack again for a few hours. They are the perfect midday Unofficial Meal. One of the great things about them is that you can top them with whatever you want or whatever you have on hand.
Hummus Taco Cups are also pretty awesome because you eat the actual cup. This means I don’t even have to dirty a plate when I eat them. I usually grab one or two, put them on a napkin, and snack on them while I’m working on the computer or doing some of my daily tasks.
The cups are made from wontons. They are baked in the oven for just a few minutes so that the wontons will hold their shape. Then they are filled with Sabra hummus flavored with taco seasoning. I like to fill the cups about halfway full with the hummus them I load them up with toppings. This time I used salsa, guacamole, cheese, and olives but you can use any of your favorites.
Some other topping combinations would be a Spicy Hummus Taco Cup with Sabra hummus seasoned with hot taco seasoning, spicy salsa, jalapenos, and chopped cilantro. You could make a Tex-Mex version with hummus seasoned with fajita seasoning, corn kernels, black beans, salsa, and green chilies on top. You could even do a Greek Fusion Hummus Taco Cup by using Sabra Hummus seasoned with taco seasoning then topped off with chopped tomatoes, olives, feta, and Tzatziki sauce. Any of these combinations make a delicious and vegetarian midday Unofficial Meal that will keep you going until dinnertime.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- ½ c. Sabra original hummus
- 1-2 T. taco seasoning
- ¼ c. salsa
- ¼ c. Sabra Guacamole
- 3 T. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 T. black olives, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper inside of each muffin cup to form a small bowl. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cups begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. The wonton cups will harden as they cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the Sabra hummus and taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Place a tablespoon of hummus in each wonton cup. Top with salsa, guacamole, cheddar cheese, and black olives. Enjoy!