Sweet red grapes mixed with cinnamon and ginger then topped with a sweet pecan crumble make for a delicious Individual sized Grape Crumble perfect for fall.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #FallFlavors week. I received product samples from Melissa's Produce, Dixie Crystals, and Millican Pecan to help in the creation of this #FallFlavors week recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
I know what you are thinking; grape crumble? What in the world is grape crumble? Bare with me here. Prior to last fall I had never baked with grapes.
Anytime we have grapes in the house we either use them in a fruit salad or to snack on. That's all I really thought grapes were good for.
All that changed last fall when Melissa's Produce challenged me to bake with grapes. I wasn't sure about doing it but I ended up making mini almond grape cakes and were shocked by how delicious they were!
So when I got more grapes from Melissa's Produce I couldn't wait to bake with them again. I searched a ton of recipes but the end of the day I decided that simple is best and went with these Individual Grape Crumbles.
- red seedless grapes
- Dixie Crystals sugar
- Dixie Crystals brown sugar
- Millican Pecan pecan pieces
Preheat the oven to 35o degrees. Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the grapes, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon. Mix well and divide between the ramekins.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the flour, brown sugar, oats, pecans, and salt and mix well. Sprinkle over top of the grapes in the ramekins.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crumble begins to brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until it's golden brown.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
The grape portion is simply made from seedless red grapes, Dixie Crystals sugar, grated ginger, and cinnamon. That's it. The spices give it a nice little spiciness and warmth while the sugar sweetens it up.
The crumble is made from flour, oats, Dixie Crystals brown sugar, Millican pecans, and butter. I like using Dixie Crystals brown sugar because it has a zip top and stays soft forever. I hate when my sugar clumps. Then I used Millican Pecan pecan pieces because they are already in small pieces and they are the best pecans around.
The crumble is sprinkled over top of the grapes before they are baked. It gets golden brown and a nice crunch on it from the oven.
Can I use a different type of grape?
You can use any variety of seedless grape. These ones were pretty sweet which worked well in the crumble but if you like your crumble a little more tart use a grape that is more tart.
What can I use instead of pecans?
If you have a nut allergy simply eliminate the pecans and add in more flour. If you don't like pecans you can use almonds or walnuts in place of the pecans. Another substitute would be using flax seeds in place of the pecans.
Do I have to use fresh ginger?
No you don't. If you have ginger in a jar use ½ to 1 teaspoon in place of the fresh ginger.
Can I add another fruit with the grapes?
If you want to use another fruit you can do half grapes and half berries or half grapes and half apples. Either combination is delicious!
This dessert smelled so good coming out of the oven. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't taste great because while I have baked with grapes it's not something I do very often.
I was pleased to discover how tasty this was. The grapes as soft and sweet but have hints of spices on them. The crumble is crunchy and pairs perfectly with the grapes.
This dessert screams cooler weather and is perfect for fall or winter.
More Grape Recipes:
- Mini Citrus Almond Cakes with Grapes
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes
- Skinny Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Winter Crunch Grape and Cranberry Sauce
If you’ve tried my Individual Grape Crumble or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
For the grapes:
- 3 c. red seedless grapes, cut in half
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ¾ c. flour
- ½ c. rolled oats
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ⅓ c. pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the grapes, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon together. Divide between the ramekins.
- In another medium bowl combine the melted butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, and salt. Mix until a crumble mixture forms.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of each ramekin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops begin to brown. If desired broil for 1-2 minutes.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n' Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a ½ lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.