Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders are made with my homemade sweet and spicy jalapeno BBQ sauce and are ready in just minutes using the Instant Pot!
So let me tell you a funny story. I've slowly been using up all the things I've canned in the basement. I found a few jars of various BBQ sauces I made and thought they would be good when making pulled pork.
I ordered what I needed from the grocery store and put my groceries away. A few days later I took out my pork loin and was really looking forward to making my pulled pork sliders. The only problem is when I pulled the pork loin out of the refrigerator I realized it wasn't a pork loin. It was turkey tenderloins.
So my plans changed. I ended up making turkey noodle soup one day and used the remaining turkey on top of a salad. However, I was still craving those BBQ pork sliders.
Since I didn't have grocery pick up for a few more days I did the only thing I could think of and pulled out a few chicken breasts. I figured I could just cook and shred those to make my sliders with. When the day came I pulled them out and just stared at them. I realized I had no idea how I was going to cook them.
After a minor panic attack I grabbed my Instant Pot and went to work. I rubbed the chicken with a basic BBQ rub then put them in the Instant Pot along with a jar of my homemade jalapeno BBQ sauce. I set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes and that was it!
I shredded the chicken, added more of my homemade BBQ sauce, and then mixed it all together. I served the BBQ chicken on slider buns and I have to say I loved the sweet and spicy combination of the sauce.
These would be the perfect served with a side of cole slaw and macaroni salad at a picnic or BBQ.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- While you can buy a sweet and spicy jalapeno BBQ my recipe for Jalapeno Spiked Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce is awesome with these sliders!
- You can substitute a pork loin or pork roast for the chicken.
- This BBQ Chicken is great served over top of nachos or a salad if you have leftovers!
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. paprika
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. mustard powder
- ¼ t. cayenne
- 3 lb. chicken breasts
- 4 c. Jalapeno BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 dozen slider buns
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Put 2 cups of BBQ sauce and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot and mix.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Naturally release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot and add additional BBQ sauce. Mix until well combined and saucy.
- Put on slider buns and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Popular Pannini and Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Cheese with Egg by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Keto Katsu SPAM-do (Katsu Sando) by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Open Faced Tuna Melts by That Recipe
- Raspberry Chipotle Turkey Melt by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Cuban Sandwich by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
- Turkey Bruschetta Panini by Making Miracles