As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders are made with my homemade sweet and spicy jalapeno BBQ sauce and are ready in just minutes using the Instant Pot!
So let me tell you a funny story. I’ve slowly been using up all the things I’ve canned in the basement. I found a few jars of various BBQ sauces I made and thought they would be good when making pulled pork.
I ordered what I needed from the grocery store and put my groceries away. A few days later I took out my pork loin and was really looking forward to making my pulled pork sliders. The only problem is when I pulled the pork loin out of the refrigerator I realized it wasn’t a pork loin. It was turkey tenderloins.
So my plans changed. I ended up making turkey noodle soup one day and used the remaining turkey on top of a salad. However, I was still craving those BBQ pork sliders.
Since I didn’t have grocery pick up for a few more days I did the only thing I could think of and pulled out a few chicken breasts. I figured I could just cook and shred those to make my sliders with. When the day came I pulled them out and just stared at them. I realized I had no idea how I was going to cook them.
After a minor panic attack I grabbed my Instant Pot and went to work. I rubbed the chicken with a basic BBQ rub then put them in the Instant Pot along with a jar of my homemade jalapeno BBQ sauce. I set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes and that was it!
I shredded the chicken, added more of my homemade BBQ sauce, and then mixed it all together. I served the BBQ chicken on slider buns and I have to say I loved the sweet and spicy combination of the sauce.
These would be the perfect served with a side of cole slaw and macaroni salad at a picnic or BBQ.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- While you can buy a sweet and spicy jalapeno BBQ my recipe for Jalapeno Spiked Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce is awesome with these sliders!
- You can substitute a pork loin or pork roast for the chicken.
- This BBQ Chicken is great served over top of nachos or a salad if you have leftovers!
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. paprika
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. mustard powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne
- 3 lb. chicken breasts
- 4 c. Jalapeno BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 dozen slider buns
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Put 2 cups of BBQ sauce and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot and mix.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Naturally release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot and add additional BBQ sauce. Mix until well combined and saucy.
- Put on slider buns and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Popular Pannini and Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Cheese with Egg by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Keto Katsu SPAM-do (Katsu Sando) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Open Faced Tuna Melts by That Recipe
- Raspberry Chipotle Turkey Melt by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Cuban Sandwich by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
- Turkey Bruschetta Panini by Making Miracles