As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Do you ever have a plan for dinner that you can’t wait to try only to realize halfway through cooking that you don’t have the exact ingredients you needed? Yeah, that happens to me a lot. This chicken actually started out as Greek chicken until I dumped a ton of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta, which has Italian spices in it, into my pan instead of the regular sun dried tomatoes….ooops!
Don’t worry, I tweaked a few other ingredients in order to “fix” this recipe. I was worried it wouldn’t be good but it turns out this was a happy disaster. The new dish was an Italian chicken with artichokes, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes. I topped it with mozzarella. It was delicious. My husband liked it so much he told me to make sure to keep this recipe!
My question is, have you ever turned a mistake into a delicious dinner?
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz. sun dried tomato bruschetta (or minced sun dried tomatoes)
- 4 oz. sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 can (14 oz) water packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 c. couscous
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine the oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the sun dried tomato bruschetta, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Cover and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, turning the chicken once, or until it the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place couscous on a plate. Top with chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Source: Cooking Light