As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Whether you are enjoying an Asian meal, a Mexican meal, or just need rice as a side dish this Lemon Garlic Rice gives your rice a bit of pizzazz with hints of lemon and garlic. This post originally published November 2016.
We eat a lot of rice in our house. We always have it as a side dish with Asian food and often have it with Mexican dishes as well. I’d say we go through a box of brown rice and a bag of jasmine rice every other week.
While I enjoy plain rice because it always takes on the flavors of the food I’m serving with it, sometimes it gets a little boring. I wanted to find a recipe that added some flavor to the rice while still being able to pair it with just about anything.
This Lemon Garlic Rice fits the bill perfectly. It’s great with roasted chicken, kabobs, or any grilled meat. It adds just enough flavor to be a great side dish on it’s own.
- chicken broth
- jasmine rice
- garlic cloves
- fresh parsley
To make the rice bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the rice, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and garlic.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls or on plates and garnish with parsley.
This lemon rice is really flavorful. I was worried the lemon would be overpowering or the garlic would be too strong but that wasn’t the case at all. I think because the lemon and garlic is cooked along with the rice it gives it some flavor but it doesn’t overpower it.
I found this rice to be delicious even though it was different from how I thought it would taste. The lemon was subtle but easy to distinguish in the rice and the garlic was subtle as well. I found the rice to be a little stickier then usual but it cooked up well and was great with the kabobs I served with it. It simply gave a little pizzazz to a normally boring side dish.
More Rice Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Chorizo Fried Rice
- Vietnamese Red Rice
- Fried Rice
- Pineapple Fried Rice
If you’ve tried my Lemon Garlic Rice or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 c. jasmine rice
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken broth in a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the rice, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and garlic cloves. Stir well.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the black pepper and salt.
- Divide into 4 portions and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe adapted from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 923mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Wednesday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon Cake from Scratch by SueBee Homemaker
- Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Mini Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Brownies by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon Forward Margarita by Our Good Life
- Lemon Doodles by The Redheaded Baker
- Meyer Lemon Vanilla Salad Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemonade Vodka Shooters by Our Crafty Cocktails
- Lemon Potatoes /Potato Podimas /Podimas Style by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie by Devour Dinner
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon, Oregano, and Feta by Cheese Curd In Paradise