This post and this recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% my own.
I am so excited to share these adorable cupcakes with you. They would be the perfect centerpiece at any summer birthday or party. My husband, my son, and I all have summer birthdays so I may be making these for our birthdays.
Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes are all about the decorations. While the lemon flavor of the cupcake is awesome it's totally the topping that makes them. Wilton has these DIY-Lish candy making kits that come with everything you need to decorate cakes or cupcakes. The DIY-Lish Lollipop Candy-Making Kit is what I used for these cupcakes.
The set comes with candy melts, a candy mold, piping bags, little popsicle sticks, sprinkles, and instructions. It's perfect for making the toppers for the cupcakes. It only took me about 30 minutes to make 12 little candy popsicles to go on top of the cupcakes. Instead of putting the sprinkles on the candy I decided to sprinkle them on top of the frosting which I thought was a fun idea.
The cupcakes themselves are lemon flavored. I used Adams Pure Lemon Extract and Adams Best Vanilla Extract which is twice as strong to get the flavoring I was looking for. They smell like lemon but are lightly flavored which is what I was looking for. I used the vanilla again in the frosting and it worked really well with the lemon cupcakes.
The candy popsicles on top really make these cupcakes pop! You can put them on top before you take the cupcakes somewhere but if you are going out in the heat I recommend you keep them cool and put them on top of the cupcakes right before serving. However, if they do start melting it looks like a melting popsicle which is really fun!
Kids will love pulling off the popsicle on top and realizing it's candy that they can eat as an additional treat to their cupcakes while adults will enjoy the colors and flavor of the cupcakes. It doesn't matter who you serve these too, they are going to love them!
- 1¼ c. flour
- 1½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 stick butter (½ cup)
- ¾ c. sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. lemon extract (I used Adams extracts)
- 1 t. vanilla extract (I used Adams extracts)
- ⅓ c. milk
- For the frosting:
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 4 c. powdered sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 2 T. milk
- 1 T. vanilla extract (I used Adams extracts)
- For the decoration:
- DIY-Lish Lollipop Candy-Making Kit from Wilton
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs.
- Mix in the lemon and vanilla extracts.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners filling each about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large bowl and beat on medium speed. Add in the powdered sugar a half cup at a time nad mix until desired consistency is reached..
- Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Make the lollipop candies from the Wilton kit according to the package directions and place one on top of each cupcake.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S'Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie's Table
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we've got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y'all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don't forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th - July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.