This post and this recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% my own.
What have you been doing all summer? I've been off of work for about a month now and I can say that we've been outside a lot. I'm loving it because last summer we didn't go out much except for a 30 minute walk each day. We would take J out in the stroller and walk daily and I thought that was enough. Now that he's walking and running around we spend hours playing in the yard, at the playground, and taking walks. I totally love it!
All that playing outside makes me hot though. I like to come in out of the heat and enjoy a cold treat. Since I'm not one to buy ice cream I usually end up making it myself. I also don't have an ice cream maker so I have to make it the no churn way. There are several ways to make no churn ice cream but I find using heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk to be the easiest.
Since there are so many patriotic holidays from May to September I decided to make a No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream. I used Adams Best Vanilla Flavor to give the ice cream a nice, strong vanilla flavor. Then I added in a few tablespoon of cake mix so that it tasted like cake batter. Finally I added in Sweets & Treats Stars & Stripes Sprinkles which contain blue jimmies, white sugar pearls, red nonpareils, blue sugar crystals, and colored stars. They looked great on top of the ice cream!
All I had to do was mix everything together and freeze it. Once it had set I scooped it out and put a few more sprinkles on top. The ice cream is super creamy, sweet, and tastes like cake batter with sprinkles. This is one of my favorite no churn ice cream recipes because it was simple and would be great for serving all summer long.
This would also be a great base for a milkshake. Simply place this ice cream in a blender along with chocolate or caramel and blend. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and maybe even a sparkler for some patriotic fun!
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 T. yellow or white cake mix
- 1 T. Adams Best Vanilla Flavor
- 4 oz. Sweets & Treats Stars & Stripes sprinkles
- Beat the heavy cream in a bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in the condensed milk and beat until combined.
- Add in the cake mix and flavoring and beat on medium speed for 1 minutes.
- Add half of the sprinkles to the ice cream based and fold them in with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Spread the top smooth.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining sprinkles on top. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Scoop out bowls of ice cream and top with remaining sprinkles.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear's Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie's Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we've got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y'all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don't forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th - July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.