This post and this recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% my own.
Guys! I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I had envisioned it in my head but wasn’t sure if it was going to turn out how it looked in my head but I’m happy to say it turned out even better! Today I’m sharing Mermaid Milkshakes that are super fun, colorful, and delicious.
So what’s in a Mermaid Milkshake? The base of the milkshake is simply a vanilla milkshake that is an aqua blue in color.. There isn’t a whole lot going on with it but no one is even going to care how it tastes once they see what it looks like. I took this milkshake downstairs to show my husband once I was finished and he was super impressed with how it looked.
Let’s start with what goes on top of the milkshake. I found these adorable Wilton DIY-Lish Mermaid Cupcake kits and knew I had to have them. I mean, I teach elementary school and right now mermaids are all the rage. I figured if nothing else I could make cupcakes for my girls at school and they would be super excited.
The Mermaid Cupcake kits come with light blue and pink candy melts, a candy mold, sprinkles, decorating bags, tips, and cupcake liners. I used the melts to make mermaid tails to put on top of the milkshakes. Then I went to my local dollar store to look for blue, green, or purple candy. What I ended up finding was even better. I grabbed a pack of shark gummies and a pack of rainbow swirled lollipops that I knew would look awesome on top of the milkshake.
To get started I put Wilton Blueberry Lemonade candy melts around the rim of a glass and then rolled it in the mermaid sprinkles. I mixed up the milkshake using Adams Best Vanilla Flavor and poured it in the glass. Then I sprayed on some whipped cream and loaded up the top with candy mermaid tails, rainbow lollipops, gummy sharks, and more mermaid sprinkles. I placed 2 paper straws on top and my husband and I had an awesome summer treat!
This milkshake would be so much fun to serve at a children’s birthday party or at a sleep over. Let’s be honest, it’s also a blast for adults to enjoy as well!
- 1 DIY-Lish Mermaid Cupcake Kit from Wilton
- ¼ c. Wilton Blueberry Lemonade candy melts
- 1½ c. vanilla ice cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. Adams Best Vanilla Flavor
- 2 drops blue food coloring
- Whipped cream
- 3 gummy sharks
- 2 rainbow lollipops
- Use the Mermaid Cupcake Kit to make 6 candy melt mermaid tails. Allow to harden and pop out of the molds. Set aside.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted.
- Roll the rim of a milkshake glass into the candy melts.
- Pour the sprinkles from the mermaid cupcake kit in a shallow dish and dip the still wet rim into the sprinkles. Allow 5 minutes to harden.
- Place the ice cream, milk, vanilla, and blue coloring in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared milkshake glass.
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream.
- Quickly stick the gummy sharks and rainbow lollipops into the whipped cream.
- Place several of the candy mermaid tails in the whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining mermaid sprinkles.
- Place 2 straws in the milkshake and enjoy!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.