This post and this recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies but as always all opinions are 100% my own.
Guys! I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I had envisioned it in my head but wasn't sure if it was going to turn out how it looked in my head but I'm happy to say it turned out even better! Today I'm sharing Mermaid Milkshakes that are super fun, colorful, and delicious.
So what's in a Mermaid Milkshake? The base of the milkshake is simply a vanilla milkshake that is an aqua blue in color.. There isn't a whole lot going on with it but no one is even going to care how it tastes once they see what it looks like. I took this milkshake downstairs to show my husband once I was finished and he was super impressed with how it looked.
Let's start with what goes on top of the milkshake. I found these adorable Wilton DIY-Lish Mermaid Cupcake kits and knew I had to have them. I mean, I teach elementary school and right now mermaids are all the rage. I figured if nothing else I could make cupcakes for my girls at school and they would be super excited.
The Mermaid Cupcake kits come with light blue and pink candy melts, a candy mold, sprinkles, decorating bags, tips, and cupcake liners. I used the melts to make mermaid tails to put on top of the milkshakes. Then I went to my local dollar store to look for blue, green, or purple candy. What I ended up finding was even better. I grabbed a pack of shark gummies and a pack of rainbow swirled lollipops that I knew would look awesome on top of the milkshake.
To get started I put Wilton Blueberry Lemonade candy melts around the rim of a glass and then rolled it in the mermaid sprinkles. I mixed up the milkshake using Adams Best Vanilla Flavor and poured it in the glass. Then I sprayed on some whipped cream and loaded up the top with candy mermaid tails, rainbow lollipops, gummy sharks, and more mermaid sprinkles. I placed 2 paper straws on top and my husband and I had an awesome summer treat!
This milkshake would be so much fun to serve at a children's birthday party or at a sleep over. Let's be honest, it's also a blast for adults to enjoy as well!
- 1 DIY-Lish Mermaid Cupcake Kit from Wilton
- ¼ c. Wilton Blueberry Lemonade candy melts
- 1½ c. vanilla ice cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. Adams Best Vanilla Flavor
- 2 drops blue food coloring
- Whipped cream
- 3 gummy sharks
- 2 rainbow lollipops
- Use the Mermaid Cupcake Kit to make 6 candy melt mermaid tails. Allow to harden and pop out of the molds. Set aside.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted.
- Roll the rim of a milkshake glass into the candy melts.
- Pour the sprinkles from the mermaid cupcake kit in a shallow dish and dip the still wet rim into the sprinkles. Allow 5 minutes to harden.
- Place the ice cream, milk, vanilla, and blue coloring in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared milkshake glass.
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream.
- Quickly stick the gummy sharks and rainbow lollipops into the whipped cream.
- Place several of the candy mermaid tails in the whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining mermaid sprinkles.
- Place 2 straws in the milkshake and enjoy!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear's Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n' Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie's Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S'mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Liz @ Books n' Cooks
Between that color, the sprinkles, and the candy - my daughter would love this!
What an over the top delicious looking milkshake! I'd have to share that for sure.
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
Such a fun, summer milkshake! Love the mermaid tails!
Cheese Curd In Paradise
I know a few little mermaid lovers in my life that would just love this! I love the little tails diving in the shake!
This milkshake will bring the kid out of anyone, for sure!
amy guillaume linderman
i love making rhubarb crisp with rhubarb from my garden
What a super fun milkshake! I can just imagine seeing the face light up of anyone I serve it to!
Dorothy at Shockinglydelish
I am thinking of a party I am going to have to host so that I can show off my skills with this milkshake! So fancy!
These colorful treats sound amazing! You have to love those mermaid-themed toppings. Too cute!