As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Easter is quickly approaching and that means I’ve been on the hunt for some great Easter dessert recipes! Generally I tend to make cakes and cupcakes for Easter. I’m not sure why except I usually use some of the holiday candy to decorate with so they turn out pretty cute. Plus I can dye them in fun pastel colors to really get a spring feel.
This year I’ve had a hankering for some cheesecake. I thought it would be fun to make individual cheesecakes and top them with some fun Easter candy. So I found a recipe for the easiest mini cheesecake bites. Seriously, these only have a handful of ingredients and take just a few minutes to whip up.
The crust of the cheesecake bites is a simple graham cracker crust. I then topped the crusts with a smooth and velvety vanilla cheesecake. It’s all baked in the oven until it’s cooked perfectly and then put in the refrigerator to chill. Once the cheesecakes are chilled they are ready to decorate!
The decorations on these are simple too. I took some sweetened coconut flakes and sprinkled them on top of the cheesecake bites to look like a nest of some type. Then I took egg shaped malted milk chocolate and placed them on top to look like eggs. The cheesecake bites looked so cute!
They tasted great too. The graham cracker crust was sweet and buttery while the cheesecake was rich and creamy. The coconut and malted milk chocolate added an addition flavor and texture. Overall these were very easy to make and tasted delicious! They are perfect for enjoying after Easter dinner because they are individual sized and not too overwhelming after a big dinner.
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- Malted Milk Chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, salt, and melted butter. Mix well until combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crust in the bottom of each cupcake liner and press it down. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, remaining sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Use a mixer and blend until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust mixture in the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. Cool completely on a wire rack and then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To decorate sprinkle the coconut flakes on top of the cheesecake bites. Top each one with 3 pastel malted milk chocolate eggs.
Recipe adapted from Philadelphia Cream Cheese