Easter is quickly approaching and that means I've been on the hunt for some great Easter dessert recipes! Generally I tend to make cakes and cupcakes for Easter. I'm not sure why except I usually use some of the holiday candy to decorate with so they turn out pretty cute. Plus I can dye them in fun pastel colors to really get a spring feel.
This year I've had a hankering for some cheesecake. I thought it would be fun to make individual cheesecakes and top them with some fun Easter candy. So I found a recipe for the easiest mini cheesecake bites. Seriously, these only have a handful of ingredients and take just a few minutes to whip up.
The crust of the cheesecake bites is a simple graham cracker crust. I then topped the crusts with a smooth and velvety vanilla cheesecake. It's all baked in the oven until it's cooked perfectly and then put in the refrigerator to chill. Once the cheesecakes are chilled they are ready to decorate!
The decorations on these are simple too. I took some sweetened coconut flakes and sprinkled them on top of the cheesecake bites to look like a nest of some type. Then I took egg shaped malted milk chocolate and placed them on top to look like eggs. The cheesecake bites looked so cute!
They tasted great too. The graham cracker crust was sweet and buttery while the cheesecake was rich and creamy. The coconut and malted milk chocolate added an addition flavor and texture. Overall these were very easy to make and tasted delicious! They are perfect for enjoying after Easter dinner because they are individual sized and not too overwhelming after a big dinner.
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 6 T. butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- Malted Milk Chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, salt, and melted butter. Mix well until combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crust in the bottom of each cupcake liner and press it down. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, remaining sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Use a mixer and blend until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust mixture in the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. Cool completely on a wire rack and then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To decorate sprinkle the coconut flakes on top of the cheesecake bites. Top each one with 3 pastel malted milk chocolate eggs.
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we're serving up!
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Honey Cinnamon Quick Bread by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Linda's Famous Carrot Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
In case you missed them, here’s Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Strawberry “Carrots” by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sharadan's Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline's Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm