Is there a recipe that reminds you of home? I have several but if we are talking appetizers there is only one. My mom has a famous chicken ball...famous in our family. It's one of those things that she made a lot when I was younger but the older I got the less it came out. I now call her probably once or twice a year asking for the recipe and my little brother (little meaning 31 years old) still calls her up to make it for him whenever he has a party.
So what exactly is a chicken ball? It's like a party cheese ball....only with chicken. It only has a handful of ingredients but it's awesome. We serve it with crackers and tortilla chips in our family but you could serve it on crostini and toast it in the oven or even serve it with veggies. Any way you serve it, this is a huge hit with my family and friends and I have no doubt it'll be a hit in your family too!
Mom's Famous Chicken Ball (slightly adapted from my mom's recipe)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (12 oz) can chicken, shredded
1 T. mayonnaise
2 t. soy sauce
½ t. garlic salt
¾ t. black pepper
3 T. finely chopped onion
Oven Fry or Panko breadcrumbs
1. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese and chicken. Stir until well combined.
2. Add in the mayonnaise, soy sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, and onion. Mix well.
3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and shape into a ball. Roll in Oven Fry or Panko breadcrumbs then wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Serve with crackers, pretzels, or tortilla chips.
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
This is just what I needed for tonight! Quick, easy, and delicious! I didn't have any canned chicken so I quickly cooked up some chicken in veggie broth and shredded it, was still easy and fast. Having with pretzel chips. Thanks!
Awesome! We often use leftover chicken shredded as well if we don't have canned chicken. I hope you enjoy it! Everyone asks for it whenever we go to mom's house!