Every month when I receive my blog for the Secret Recipe Club I immediately look through the main dishes and desserts. These are most commonly what I choose to make from each blog. This month I challenged myself to make a vegetable side dish because I'm so tired of the ones I currently make
I received the blog What's Brewing in the Kitchen which is written by Zach and Amy. I was excited to receive this blog because Amy is part of my online cooking board and I love getting to chose recipes from people I know. When looking through their blog the one recipe I kept coming back to was the stuffed mushrooms. I thought they would be great as a side dish to the French Onion Pork Chops I was making and it turned out I was right.
One thing I really liked about this recipe is that they are vegetarian stuffed mushrooms. Too many times mushrooms are stuffed with crab or bacon but I like my vegetable side dishes to be filled with vegetables and these fit the bill. They can also be used as an appetizer which makes them a great recipe to have in my collection.
The mushrooms are stuffed with a combination of breadcrumbs, chopped mushrooms, herbs, and cheese. The mushrooms really soften up in the oven and the filling stays together so it's easy to eat these in a few bites. They were delicious and I can't wait to make them again!
Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms (slightly adapted from What's Brewing in the Kitchen)
¼ c. minced shallots
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. button mushrooms
¼ c. breadcrumbs
1 t. dried parsley
½ t. salt
1 t. black pepper
½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 t. olive oil
1 t. water
1 t. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and add in the shallots and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until they are tender. Remove to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Wash the mushrooms and then remove the stems. Chop the stems into small pieces. Add the chopped mushroom stems to the shallot mixture. Add in the breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Mix until well blended.
4. Add in the olive oil, water, and balsamic vinegar and stir well.
5. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into each cap.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling begins to brown and the cheese is melted.
These look delicious. My husband loves stuffed mushrooms and I think these would be a big hit. Wonderful choice!
I just pinned your awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Looks great! It's so much fun to get a blog/blogger you 'know'! Glad you enjoyed them!!
Camille @ Growing Up Gabel
I was just telling my husband that I want to make stuffed mushrooms! Perfect timing! 🙂 These look amazing.