Iced tea is one of my favorite things to drink in the summer. I actually drink it all year long but I like it best in the summer. There's just something so refreshing about having an ice cold glass when it's so warm outside. I'm more of a fan of unsweetened tea but on occasion I like to have a flavored iced tea.
Now Peach Bourbon Tea is more than just flavored iced tea. It has a hit of bourbon in it too which makes it a delicious summertime cocktail. It makes me feel like I've gone south with the peaches and bourbon. They just pair really well together.
For the peach I used peach syrup as my flavoring but peach nectar would be lovely. Either one will add a hint of sweetness and flavor to your iced tea. I've also seen recipes for an addition of peach schnapps which would probably taste great as well.
This tea is super easy to make and only takes a few minutes for steeping. My recipe makes two servings but it's easy to double or triple it if you are having a summer BBQ and want to make a large pitcher to share. I think it would be fun to have lemon wedges, peach slices, mint leaves, honey, and different types of sweetener on the side so that people can make up their Peach Bourbon Tea to their liking.
- 3 c. water
- 4 black tea bags
- 3 T. peach syrup or ¼ c. peach nectar
- 3 T. bourbon
- 2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil. Pour into a large bowl and steep the tea bags for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- Add the peach syrup or nectar, bourbon, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Fill two tall glasses with ice and divide the mixture between the glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon, peach, or mint.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Chocolate Chip M&M Bars by Family Around the Table
- DIY Gia Russa Pasta Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Cheesecake Fruit Dip by Blogghetti
- Grilled Chipotle Ranch Burgers by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mississippi Mud Pie Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Chipotle Shrimp Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Bourbon Tea by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- S'mores Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings