Do you ever have one of those days where it's cold outside, you had a heavy lunch, and you need something to brighten your day? I was having one of those days today. I wanted to make something that was fast, delicious, and had bright flavors that was perfect for Weekday Supper. This pork piccata fit the bill.
It was ready in under 20 minutes and the lemon juice and white wine really brightened up the flavor of the pork and the butter added a richness. The capers added a little more flavor. It was recommended to serve over rice or pasta but I opted for couscous instead. The couscous worked well because it really soaked up the flavors of the pork.
4 thin boneless pork chops
¼ t. salt
½ t. black pepper
½ c. flour
2 T. olive oil
½ c. white wine
¼ c. chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 T. capers
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. butter
½ lemon, thinly sliced
1. Combine the salt, pepper, and flour in a small dish.
2. Dredge the pork in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add in the pork and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add the wine to the pan and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the garlic, chicken broth, capers, and lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Return the pork chops to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the butter and stir until just melted.
6. Top with lemon slices and serve hot.
Check out the other fabulous Weekday Supper recipes!
Monday - Eggplant Schnitzel by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Tuesday - Perfect Roasted Pork & Carrots by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Wednesday - Fish and Chips Casserole by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
Thursday - Pork Piccata by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Friday - Quick Potato Soup & Roasted Cauliflower by MealDiva