As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
A few weeks ago one of my work friends messaged me to tell me about a recipe she made. She told me it was a sheet pan meal that her entire family enjoyed and that was really easy to make. I know that her family can often be picky eaters so I was intrigued by the recipe. Plus, let’s be honest, I have a hard time passing up a sheet pan meal because they are just so easy.
The recipe was for Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken and Potatoes. Since chicken and potatoes are a favorite of mine I put it on the menu plan for the very next week. I added in green beans as well because I like having a vegetables with my protein and side dish and it’s just as easy to throw it on the sheet pan.
The basic recipe was super easy and I had everything I needed in my kitchen. The sauce is simply made up of butter, garlic, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. I’m sure these are things that are found in many kitchens which makes it even easier to make. I threw everything together and tossed it on the sheet pan and put it in the oven.
The kitchen smelled amazing while it was cooking. The whole room filled with the scent of butter and garlic which happens to be one of my favorites. After 30 minutes I pulled dinner out of the oven and we were ready to go.
The potatoes were tender on the inside and just slightly crisp on the outside. The beans were tender but still had a firmness to them. The chicken was browned and coated in the sauce. The entire meal was simple but really tasty! Both my husband and I enjoyed it and J ate quite a lot of the chicken so I think he approved too.
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped (I used parsley, rosemary, and oregano)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound green beans
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken broth, butter, garlic, and herbs.
- Place the green beans down the center of the pan. Place the potatoes on either side of the green beans. Place the chicken on top of the green beans. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
- Pour the butter mixture over top of the chicken, potatoes, and green beans and toss.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and flip each chicken breast over. Toss the potatoes and green beans.
- Bake for 15-20 additional minutes or until the chicken reads 165 degrees on a thermometer.
- Serve hot.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs (optional), and serve
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites