This week Sunday Supper is working on a Slow Cooker theme and I’m the co-host with Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. I have been waiting for this theme because as soon as it starts getting cold out I love breaking out my slow cooker. Also, I love using my slow cooker whenever I go to aerobics after school because I don’t get home until 6 but dinner is ready to go.
This week I made Shredded Beef Tacos in the slow cooker. Usually when I make tacos in the slow cooker I make pork so I wanted to try something a little bit different. While I know some people cook their vegetables or brown their beef in a skillet before putting it into the slow cooker, I’m not one of them. If I’m using it for convenience or making something before work, I don’t want to spend precious time cooking something in a pan first. I also don’t want the extra dishes. The beauty of the slow cooker is that there is only 1 dirty dish to wash at the end of the night.
These tacos are super easy to make. I took a large beef chuck roast and rubbed it with some of my favorite Mexican spices. I placed it in the slow cooker and then cut up some onions. They went into the pot as well. Then I poured in the beef broth and a few other ingredients, gave it a stir, and set it for 8 hours.
When I got home from aerobics that night all I had to do was shred the beef and keep it on warm while I prepared the toppings. We used cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos to top our tacos. I would have liked to have had some guacamole or avocado but I didn’t have any in the refrigerator. The tacos were just a little bit spicy and had a ton of flavor to them. They were great rolled up in tortillas and would also have been good in hard taco shells.
We had enough left over that the next day I was able to take some to work. I put it on top of a salad and made a shredded beef taco salad. Delicious!
- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. Arizona dreaming seasoning (or more cumin)
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1½ c. beef stock
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Cheddar Cheese
- sour cream
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, Arizona dreaming, paprika, and black pepper. Rub it all over the beef roast and place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour the beef broth around the beef roast and mix in the tomato paste. Sprinkle in the jalapenos, onions, and garlic.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving shred the beef in the slow cooker and allow to cook for 20 more minutes.
- When ready to eat place the beef in a tortilla and top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.