Today I've got a simple no church Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream. While I'd love to make all my ice cream in an ice cream maker, I don't have one. I ended up making this one twice and my best advice is to cut the strawberry pieces fairly small because they do freeze when they are in the ice cream. The first round I made I sliced the strawberries and while it was pretty, the strawberries were hard to eat. When I chopped the strawberries it turned out much better.
There are only 4 ingredients for this ice cream, most of which you probably have on hand. It's heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, strawberries, and vanilla. Because I am using sweetened condensed milk there is no need to add any additional sugar. The heavy cream adds a silky, creamy texture while the condensed milk both sweetens and thickens it up.
The ice cream itself is smooth and creamy. It has a mellow vanilla flavor and is studded with the strawberries. It's great served in a bowl or mixed up in a homemade milk shake.
Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ½ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- In a large bowl beat the heavy cream with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix with a spoon.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, cover the surface with plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, mix the ice cream around, and freeze for an additional 20 minutes. Mix and then freeze for 20 more minutes. Mix again and then cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or until the ice cream is solid.
Source: A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
I love strawberries and this is so simple, great recipe!!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Isn't no-churn ice cream the best invention ever!? Love this flavor.
I love this simple recipe for strawberry ice cream! It looks so marvelous and creamy!!!