I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
School is coming to a close and it can't come soon enough this year! Due to our 15 or so snow days, my students are going until June 11 and the teachers are working until June 19. It's a crazy time of year and the only thing that keeps the teachers going is chocolate. Yep, you heard that right, chocolate. At this point in the year teachers are often running into each others classrooms begging for chocolate to snack on. Lucky for me I ran to Wal-Mart at the beginning of the week and bought a big supply of Mars TWIX® Bites and other Mars Bites to put in my cupboard. This makes me very popular at this point in the year.
I love getting a bag of these chocolate treats because I can pop just a few and feel energized and ready to go. Plus I don't even need to take the time to tear off the wrapper! Being an elementary school teacher this is important because the second my students hear a wrapper, they are looking for the candy. If another teacher comes in looking for chocolate, I pour a few into her hand, and she's on her way, back to her classroom. They are perfect for sharing. Some mornings I just dump a bag of them into a bowl and place them in the faculty lounge. Let me tell you, there aren't any left by lunch time! While my personal favorite are the TWIX® Bites (who doesn't love chocolate and caramel?) others really enjoy the MILKY WAY® Bites and SNICKERS Bites.
In preparation for our last Friday with students, I made a special treat using my favorite chocolate candies. I made a Triple Chocolate Candy Bar Cake. It was decadent and delicious. I made a moist chocolate cake, topped it with chocolate frosting, and then covered it in TWIX® Bites, MILKY WAY® Bites, and SNICKERS Bites. It was awesome. If you think I waited until lunch time to serve it, you're wrong. I wrote an e-mail at 7:55am inviting teachers to my room for cake and by 8:10am my room looked like a party! Everyone had a piece of cake and a handful of chocolate candy. It was the perfect way to start off our last Friday with students.
For the Cake:
- 2 c. flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ c. milk
For the frosting:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons milk
For the topping
- ⅓ c. TWIX Bites
- ⅓ c. MILKY WAY Bites
- ⅓ c. SNICKERS Bites
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9 inch cake pans with baking spray and place a parchment round in the bottom. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add in the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Then add half the milk mixture. Stir well. Add half of the remaining flour mixture, mix well. Stir in the remaining milk. Add the remaining flour and mix until just blended.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and then invert the cake onto a plate. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add in the cocoa powder and mix well. Add remaining powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until thick. Add in the milk and stir well. If needed, add additional powdered sugar until desired texture is reached.
- To assemble the cake place the bottom layer on a plate or cake round. Spread chocolate frosting on top of the cake then place the second layer on top. Frost the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Place the TWIX Bites, MILKY WAY Bites, and SNICKERS Bites on top of the cake.
- Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave on half power, stirring every 30 second until melted. Place melted chocolate in a zip top baggie and snip off the end. Drizzle chocolate all over the top and sides of cake. Allow chocolate to harden 15 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Are you looking for some chocolate to snack on? Check out these awesome coupons good on Mars Bites!
Save $1.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 2oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®offer:http://bricks.coupons.com/
Save $3.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 6oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®offer: http://bricks.coupons.com/